Like Tree20Likes

Travelling between Sheung Shui/Central

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Has anyone tried Sha Tau Kok to Central? Or Tai O to Central? Wonder what the daily commute would be like...

Just to point out another example of the foolish HK govt bureaucrats: big train station with nearby ferry terminal. Let's move the ferry terminal and have the commuters walk 30 mins to get ferry. Will lead to increased cardio fitness but too bad, 70% of users will abandon the ferry route.

What a collection of jerks, the HK govt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Has anyone tried Sha Tau Kok to Central? Or Tai O to Central? Wonder what the daily commute would be like...
    not nice at all, the extra 30-35 min minibus adds a lot of stress

I have, sha tau kok to cwb for 6 months

then sha tau kok to sheung wan for 2 and half years
    Cho-man likes this.

You could try commuting from Tai O to Sha Tau Kok and report back to us. Stanley would be a good place for lunch.
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    not nice at all, the extra 30-35 min minibus adds a lot of stress

I have, sha tau kok to cwb for 6 months

then sha tau kok to sheung wan for 2 and half years
    So how long was your one-way commute in total from Sha Tau Kok?
    Last edited by Cho-man; 18-09-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    You could try commuting from Tai O to Sha Tau Kok and report back to us. Stanley would be a good place for lunch.
    You thinking of Po Toi?
    bookblogger likes this.

I was at my parents place in ma tseuk ling village (where they are more wild boars than humans)very close to former closed area, to sheung wan around 1:35 mins quickest going there as the luk keng mini bus goes to fanling station, but will be standing from there onwards, I go to sheung shui, change platform so I get a seat, around 1:45mins

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    You thinking of Po Toi?
    Huh, you never heard of Tai O? It's a fishing village to the west of Tung Chung on Lantau.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I was at my parents place in ma tseuk ling village (where they are more wild boars than humans)very close to former closed area, to sheung wan around 1:35 mins quickest going there as the luk keng mini bus goes to fanling station, but will be standing from there onwards, I go to sheung shui, change platform so I get a seat, around 1:45mins
    That's a fairly long commute by HK standards. But I suspect its increasingly common, since urban areas of HK Island and Kowloon is now pretty unaffordable, more and more people will be forced to live further from work and endure longer commute time.

Huh, you never heard of Tai O? It's a fishing village to the west of Tung Chung on Lantau.
    Yes, I've been there several times. However, he mentioned Stanley for lunch, which made me think he might have confused Tai O for Po Toi (Stanley is the where you take boat to Po Toi)