Like Tree20Likes

Travelling between Sheung Shui/Central

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Travelling between Sheung Shui/Central

Hello,

I am currently located in Sheung Shui and starting a job soon in Central. My question is whats the quickest way to central in the morning? MTR or bus? I've heard there is a bus at 7:20ish from Sheung Shui MTR which is suppose to be an express bus but for those who has taken this, how long does this take to get to central?

Also are there any public transport from central (or HK island) to Sheung Shui after midnight?

Thanks in advance.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There's the 678 from Sheung Shui, but that goes as far as Central Library in Causeway Bay, so you might want to change to the MTR once it reaches the island (rather than to another bus at Causebay Bay).

Edit: You can use the government website to check routes, etc.

HKeTransport - Route Search

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 17-09-2015 at 03:42 PM.

The MTR would be the quickest way, but not a very enjoyable journey. One good thing is that you can get a seat on the train in Sheung Shui pretty easily.

I would two ways and see which you prefer.

take east rail line to Kowloon Tong & then transfer on to central....

take east rail line down to Hung Hom and take bus from there through cross harbor tunnel (104 or 301 I think). Depending on where exactly you are going in central, this may or may not be good.

Last edited by Open Casket; 17-09-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Oh forgot to add, there is a bus that goes from Sheung Shui to central, I think it is the 323a or b.

dont waste your time on this bus unless you don't value your time. It is painfully slow and like most long haul buses in Hong Kong it stops off at way too many places. Or you get on the end of the pick ups, and you get no seat. Hard to win with the long buses...

I would highly recommend buying a car if you can. Just the thought of your commute depresses me

Last edited by Open Casket; 17-09-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    imparanoic likes this.

MTR is good in morning, if you go to end carriage on platform, guaranteed a nice seat to hung hom , if there is a small queue, just wait for next one, then change platform for east tst then tst to central ( hung hom to sheung shui, nice seat as well)

373 is the bus from sheung shui (fanling is starting point) to central, stupidly long journey ( used to 45 mins from sheung shui to sheung wan, until they changed the route and don't go pass shatin), now at 1.40mins, from sheung shui, then non stop via near yuen long, then kam tin, tai lam, then pass tsuen wan, eventually via western tunnel, also note it's standing all the way

Open Casket likes this.

mid night ( you can tell i used to party, though i prefer to mosh/crowd surf)

near m & s, red mini bus central to mk, then mk ( opposite sin tat/sincere podium) to sheung shui

or

red mini bus, on hennessey rd after midnight ( it's on lockhart rd before mid night) near wan chai fire station ( same side) and canal rd, goes to taipo then fanling then sheung shui, used to dangerous fast ( in 90's, also separate mini bus to taipo and shueng shui/fanling at 25 mins), expect around 1 hour

Kcr sheung shui to hunghom then 104 bus to central is the fastest and least hassle early in the morning:
    The evening commute back I have no idea

Last edited by hongkong7; 17-09-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Living in Sheung Shui ( smugglers hell ), the KCR will become your friend. One more point to add is that the KCR has a first class carriage. It costs double the fare, but in many ways it is worth it. Comfy seat and more civilized patrons

Look for the single decker buses that operate in the mornings and evenings only like a shuttle bus. My brother who lives in Tai Mei Tuk usually gets on one to go to work in Central, leaves around 7 or 7.30 and gets into central within an hour.

Ask around.

after the east rail to hung hom, then to east tst, the scenic and really cheap way ( some walking is needed and a bit of time), star ferry to central

the free views of the harbour is extra free bonus as well

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast