new online shopping ( now -one)

Closed Thread

new online shopping ( now -one)

there s a new online shopping service provide Pay for me and delivery for me . and you can shop anything in / from US .
    Since I shop online pretty often and they claim that to save on high international charges on any site.

I brought 2 items forms States just check with DHL and my parcel weight 8 LBS only . and they charged me total cost for USD 80 to ship over to H K and lucky that I got a USD $ 25 off for the first 600 customer so I pay USD 50 for my items which weight 8 LBS only .

the thing is I m not sure if any Gov department can help me since I feel I ve been tricked by their excess bubbles wrapping which they charge Flat shipping USD 20 + USD 3.8 for every KG . and this is an online service not a shop in HK .

the charger is very tricky and they decide to charge me in volumetric which according to them is 10 KG which i receive my parcel which is weight 8 lbs only. they told me they will choose the which ever high weight to charge me !! who else can protect the right for me ? I m thinking to go to consumer council but this is an on line service .

Would you have preferred that they didn't wrap your parcel at all? DHL charge according to the weight of the parcel they carry, and this has been passed on to you by the company you purchased from.

I don't think that you will get very far with any complaint (to whoever that may be) and to be honest the shipping costs for a 10lb (or 8lb) parcel seem pretty reasonable to me in any case.

What exactly would be be complaining about? Have you asked DHL how much they would charge to ship the 8lb parcel from the US to HK? If they say $5 and you were charged $80 then you might have a case, otherwise I can't see your issue. I can't see the bubble wrap would have made that much difference!

It is not bubblewrap but just large boxes that retailers end up using for small items. My eye drops come in a box that is classified as "1 KG" volumetric weight even though the weight of the packages is about 200gms.

Most courier companies (DHL, FedEx, UPS..) calculate the Volumetric Weight (based on the dimensions of the package) and charge you on whichever is greater, actual or volumetric. You can't win.

dot.zen