Like Tree140Likes

Does anyone live in a safe village with civilized people and has lots of parking spaces?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Neighbours with "background"...do you mean triads? Yeah, some triads are known to live in NT village houses, since NT is one of their main turf. Hope I didn't scare you now did I, OP?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    https://www.google.com.hk/maps/@22.5...!6m1!1e1?hl=en

i think your unicorn is easier find, my parents village :- ma tsuek leng, sha tau

nice environment - mountains and fields

nice people around, - so quiet as so few people, no one bothers you

cheap rent, - HK$6000 for 700 sq ft

large house - same as above

clean air - visibly much less, non visible pollution ( as proven by another geoexpater, about the same)

fresh smell of flowers - well, more smell of vast areas of grassland

lots of trees - quite a few

lots of parking place - as said before, you can easily park 5-8 double decker buses here
    I'm starting to fantasize more and more about living somewhere quiet and remote, if the commute isn't too bad. I've had it with a shoebox and city life. I can imagine moving to Sha Tau Kok is as close as you can get to "leaving Hong Kong" but still being in Hong Kong.

Is Ma Tseuk Leng a particular area of Sha Tau Kok that you would recommend? Google maps says the commute to Kowloon is about 45 mins. driving, is that right even around 8:30 am or is there actually traffic that makes that commute longer (going to the west side of Kowloon)? If you see any ads there for 700 sq/ft apartments (or bigger) with rooftop/garden for sell or rent, please drop me a line!
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I'm starting to fantasize more and more about living somewhere quiet and remote, if the commute isn't too bad. I've had it with a shoebox and city life. I can imagine moving to Sha Tau Kok is as close as you can get to "leaving Hong Kong" but still being in Hong Kong.

Is Ma Tseuk Leng a particular area of Sha Tau Kok that you would recommend? Google maps says the commute to Kowloon is about 45 mins. driving, is that right even around 8:30 am or is there actually traffic that makes that commute longer (going to the west side of Kowloon)? If you see any ads there for 700 sq/ft apartments (or bigger) with rooftop/garden for sell or rent, please drop me a line!
    Sha Tau Kok? Unless you want to live the life of a hermit and work from home, plan on spending significant time commuting from there.

sadly chinese only

cheapest ( copy and paste from

租屋,最新租盤資料 - 香港屋網 28Hse

村屋
    4 圖片
    坪輋平房
    粉嶺 村屋
    建築面積: 700呎
    實用面積: 700呎
    住宅, 村屋 3房 中層
    心水樓盤
    業主自讓盤
    租 5,500 (已租)
    村屋
    3 圖片
    打鼓嶺複式村屋
    上水 村屋
    建築面積: 600呎
    實用面積: --
    住宅, 村屋 2房
    心水樓盤
    渭桃居地產
    租 5,800
    村屋
    4 圖片
    坪輋平房
    粉嶺 村屋
    實用面積: 700呎
    住宅, 村屋 2房 地下
    心水樓盤
    業主自讓盤
    租 5,900 (已租)
    村屋
    1 圖片
    多間打鼓嶺全新村屋(禁區)
    上水 村屋
    住宅, 村屋
    心水樓盤
    渭桃居地產
    租 6,000
    村屋
    6 圖片
    平房石屋 三房一廳 近路邊
    粉嶺 村屋
    建築面積: 800呎
    住宅, 村屋 3房 地下
    心水樓盤
    鴻駿地產
    租 6,000
    村屋
    2 圖片
    實用小型村屋
    粉嶺 村屋
    建築面積: 500呎

another site

新界租屋,粉嶺租樓,租盤 –香港591租屋網
    Elegiaque and rickyross like this.

commute is not good in morning, cross border kids come over and occupy the green mini bus, but there is a red mini bus to fanling station takes 25 mins and high chance of free space as it does not come from border

ma tsuek leng is good in this aspect as closer villages ( to fanling) struggle to get on buses due too many people and no chance of any mini bus, the bus is also slow due to over capacity

driving wise, depends which part of west kowloon, generally expect 15 minutes to fanling due to traffic and distance by car, then 40-50 mins via eagle nest ( jams are only occasional near taipo but near shatin is congested)

however, considering by 2018, the mild congestion near taipo and fanling will be alleviated by widening of motorway and more important, new tunnel from mid way between taipo and fanling to sha tau kok, should reduce driving by around 10-15 minutes
    Elegiaque and rickyross like this.

Can a non-Chinese speaker/reader manage to "live" there? I wouldn't think this should be an issue once you get rent worked out. And as long as you can understand numbers when shopping...

So it sounds like the commute would be closer to an hour or longer going to the ICC?

Can a non-Chinese speaker/reader manage to "live" there? I wouldn't think this should be an issue once you get rent worked out. And as long as you can understand numbers when shopping...

So it sounds like the commute would be closer to an hour or longer going to the ICC?
    there have been a few non chinese residents in the past

icc, probably under a hour drive by car in rush hour and about 1.10 mins by public transport (red minibus 55k, fanling mtr, hung hom, then to austin station )

on weekends, around 45 mins drive to icc, and maybe around 1.20 (fewer red minibus) to icc

there have been a few non chinese residents in the past

icc, probably under a hour drive by car in rush hour and about 1.10 mins by public transport (red minibus 55k, fanling mtr, hung hom, then to austin station )

on weekends, around 45 mins drive to icc, and maybe around 1.20 (fewer red minibus) to icc
    Please tell me you have a car?

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    Please tell me you have a car?
    yes, it's my parents place in sha tau kok

I live in fanling, if you hear metal music or experimental dance in north district or sha tau kok, that's me!

yes, it's my parents place in sha tau kok

I live in fanling, if you hear metal music or experimental dance in north district or sha tau kok, that's me!
    The North District huh? Smugglers Alley. If you see someone running like hell to get out of the North District as fast as possible..,that's me!
    wtbhotia likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast