Dead cockroaches

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

And how true is it, that you can not step on a cockroach (dead or alive) because then you squeeze all eggs out of it and you have new roaches?
    Pest control told me even dead roaches can reproduce, but I forgot to ask about squeezing the eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by mootje:
    And how true is it, that you can not step on a cockroach (dead or alive) because then you squeeze all eggs out of it and you have new roaches?
    Pest control told me even dead roaches can reproduce, but I forgot to ask about squeezing the eggs.
    That's true!

maybe it'd been caught and killed by a stray cat.
    My sweet little diddums loves to bring cockroaches in for me, usually during the middle of the night. I wake up and find them on the floor lying on their backs half-dead, usually with a leg or two missing but otherwise unscathed.
    She never eats them, just catches them, brings them in, plays with them until they're near dead and then leaves them lying about for me to find come the morning. Such a sweet cute cat

Quote Originally Posted by smoog:
    maybe it'd been caught and killed by a stray cat.
    My sweet little diddums loves to bring cockroaches in for me, usually during the middle of the night. I wake up and find them on the floor lying on their backs half-dead, usually with a leg or two missing but otherwise unscathed.
    She never eats them, just catches them, brings them in, plays with them until they're near dead and then leaves them lying about for me to find come the morning. Such a sweet cute cat
    Usually, cats bring their victim as a trophee/gift for you cute animals...I miss my cat soooooooooooooo much

Quote Originally Posted by mootje:
    Not entirely true. Some roach types carry their eggs outside their body.

I think they turned over because somebody kicked them. And by kick I mean like sweep the foot at them the kick them away. I've seen lots of people do this instead of squashing them (which is my favoured option)