Like Tree105Likes

How's racial discrimination in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

I like how gary goes from saying HK people don't discriminate to then go on a full rant using stereotypes. Gary, tell me, how many South East Asian friends you have?

I was having coffee with a Nigerian born, American raised Texan over the weekend, one of the coolest, wittiest people I know. Being a self made American millionaire, I had to ask if racism was ever an issue.

His words exactly....

People who have made the wrong choices in life, like to blame others for the hand that they were dealt. People who just didn't have the courage or drive to make good of the opportunities that were presented. Accusing people of racism is usually just a cheap shot in most cases and WAY over used because the media LOVES this type of thing.

I have a lot of time and respect for self made men like him, he's AWESOME .

Imagine what it was like with all the racist television shows, when I grew up as a kid back in the 1970's/80's, English ( love thy neighbour ) and Australian ones like Kingswood Country that made fun of WOGS ? Clip below to give you an idea... . Most of you probably dont know, but you will still have an opinion, anyway. Wouldnt let a lack of experience get in the way of a good argument !

As to Hong Kong, money does not discriminate. If you have the money, Hong Kong has the time, a simple home truth that culturally you will not change. Money is GOD in the Chinese collective psyche...

Last edited by Skyhook; 10-12-2015 at 09:13 AM.

I am struggling to understand your point skyhook.

Things are better than they were as shown by these tv clips ( but I thought being PC was bad?).
    Locals are not as racist as we used to be?

Sky, you sure it was not an IRISH coffee (or 10) that you were drinking?
    Am with Hull here, what's your point? that people should stop complaining and work harder? Yeah sure we all agree with that but what does this have to do with Discrimination in HK?

My point is everything is sweat and dandy until somebody loses money or face when they're caught being dishonest....

Then you will see what people are ' really ' like here.

That's life, get on with it, or become a victim... at the end of the day, its up to you how things pan out.

Racism is what you make of it, some seem to really wear it on their sleeve, when things, or life, doesnt turn out the way they'd like.

And just to delineate so even you can understand, I know some of you struggle with this concept, you name me one majority homogeneous population of people that ARE not racist or discriminatory to varying degree toward outsiders ?

Japan ? Ever tried to get FULL citizenship as a non indigenous foreigner ?
    China including Hong Kong ?
    Malaysia got any Malaysian born Chinese friends, they'll tell you how equal things are?
    Saudi Arabia ?
    Dubai ?
    Iran ?
    Israel ?
    Norway ?

Name one, smart arse !

Come on now, it really is a stupid argument.... Water is wet, ice is cold, and homogeneous populous countries that have not embraced or who have no interest in open immigration policy are racist.

WOW how enlightening !

And for the record I dont drink " Irish " coffee, I only drink Italian & Greek/Turkish ( same thing ) Coffee styles.

Last edited by Skyhook; 10-12-2015 at 12:04 PM.

I'm totally lost now. Who said there was no racism elsewhere? In fact I am pretty sure someone said there was racism everywhere. What has dishonesty got to do with racism? Being caught out doing what? Totally confused.

If we've not solved racism in over 100 posts, then perhaps we need to solve a smaller problem.

How about solving ParkNShop's delivery issues?

https://geoexpat.com/forum/newpostinthread333193.html

Skyhook likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10