Like Tree40Likes

Oil filled heater OR ceramic heater??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oil filled heater OR ceramic heater??

which heater is better? and why?
    i never tried oil filled heater before so i have no idea how is it's performance.

I personally prefer ceramic. It's small and I can carry it from room to room easily. The oil one is bigger and harder to get around. If the room is big you should get a big oil one.

Andy SNK likes this.

Both have advantages and disadvantages

Oil filled radiator, safer for kids, minimal dehydration (baby skin very susceptible to dehydration during hk dry winters) safe to leave on all night, no fire risk, but bulky and slow to heat

Ceramic is great for instant heat, compactness, but you won't leave it on all night, with precaution, minimal fire risk, also dehydrates a room

Open Casket and Andy SNK like this.

I have a wall mounted ceramic designed bathroom heater

I have an large oil radiator for living room and as it's wheeled for bedroom usage

Andy SNK and Rob2020 like this.

I just got a couple of baseboard heaters from T-Mall, they are awesome. Small, quiet and come with thermostat so they won't run on full power all the time.

Andy SNK likes this.

I recommend the reverse cycle air con units.

Original Post Deleted
    i believe the heater is relatively cheaper so I don't wanna invest too much at this moment
    cheers

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

We've had the oil-filled ones but after the plug of the last one caught fire, we (I) decided we didn't really need one. We do have a small portable ceramic one with splash guard for the bathroom, which I purchased over his protestations of it being a waste of money. But, now, he's more than happy to use it and doesn't grumble too much by the slight increase in the electricity bill.

It's in the bathroom where a little heater is worth every dollar during a brief Hong Kong winter, IMO.

Andy SNK and Azuremain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    I recommend the reverse cycle air con units.
    They suck. Since warm air rises, it's completely illogical to have it blow out from a vent near the too of the room. You need the heatsource to be near the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    They suck. Since warm air rises, it's completely illogical to have it blow out from a vent near the too of the room. You need the heatsource to be near the floor.
    The air ends up in the ceiling irrespective of where it starts. Our reverse cycle air-conditioning is fantastic and heats the room in a couple of minutes

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast