Like Tree81Likes

Staying sane with a baby.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

I agree though that as they get older they get more rewarding, and contrary to popular belief the teenage years can be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    "A bit of attitude" is universally regarded as referring to negative attitudes, most people know that, you apparently don't:
    Really?
    Then why are you picking the "Slang definitions & phrases for have an attitude" ?

If you wanted more "positive" attributes, one would not chose those words. One could say independence, maturity, compassion, intelligence, honesty, etc, not "attitude".
    Here is the full definition of attitude and its pretty neutral.
    You assumed the -ve slang version. That tells more about *your* attitude and outlook than my ones.

Attitude | Definition of Attitude by Merriam-Webster

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    My point is, if you have a helper take over some of the duties, you can get sleep. You need not chain yourself to the baby just because you have a biological attachment to it.

A very easy solution is to have *2* helpers which is what we did
    One sleeps while the other one works. Parents get a good nights rest, all are happy.
    The nice thing about having help is that you can enjoy the parts you choose to enjoy and forego the parts that you dont.

I now have 3 teenagers. While its nice to have babies, they are far more enjoyable when they develop some character, humour and a bit of attitude.
    You read way tooo much in my post...

I never said YOU have to sleep with the baby..if you read my posts I said from DAY ONE he slept alone in his room, us in our room and the helper in her room....so get over your high horses....

A very easy solution is to have 2 helpers -> Right....most people in HK can afford that.

aside from the above, nice post....

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    so get over your high horses....
    I would never ever do that. If someone sleeps with the baby it has to be the parents in my view. You wanted a baby - hold up to it.
    Tell us again, who is the one with the high horse?
    A very easy solution is to have 2 helpers -> Right....most people in HK can afford that.
    Why would I give 2 shits about most people. We have a father who is not getting any sleep asking for suggestions.

I gave the suggestion that worked for us. If the advice fits, take it. If it dont, move on.
    Its pretty obvious it's not going to work for every family out there...

Oh god .... Howard is channeling Cho... Jeez guys ... give it a break.

Cho-man likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6