Like Tree10Likes

An Aussie minister walks into a HK bar..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

An Aussie minister walks into a HK bar..

This story broke today about a front bench minister resigning,

Minister Jamie Briggs quits Malcolm Turnbull's cabinet after 'incident' abroad

Anyone know what happened?

according to media reports it was inappropriate behaviour towards a female public servant, ie another Australian with them.

Should have just gone to Wanchai to pick up

Jamie Briggs resigns as minister over incident in Hong Kong bar with female public servant | Australia news | The Guardian

At the conclusion of the evening, the public servant left to return home and my Chief of Staff and I returned to our hotel together.”
    Initially I thought it was an Australian civil female civil servant, but this quote seems to say that the 'public servant' lived in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Jamie Briggs resigns as minister over incident in Hong Kong bar with female public servant | Australia news | The Guardian

Initially I thought it was an Australian civil female civil servant, but this quote seems to say that the 'public servant' lived in Hong Kong.
    Consulate staff?
    Last edited by Stoob; 29-12-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    drumbrake likes this.

Utter embarrassment. No, you're not being a man, you're a dickhead.

keieich and MerMer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    Utter embarrassment. No, you're not being a man, you're a dickhead.
    You know what he did?

I imagine it was something extremely minor but for a personal or political agenda, this female has decided to make a mountain out of the proverbial.

I say he is totally innocent and she assaulted him with her breasts.

I loved the bit about "I did nothing illegal", that's OK then. I always feel sorry for the family in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    You know what he did?

I imagine it was something extremely minor but for a personal or political agenda, this female has decided to make a mountain out of the proverbial.
    Well it is either going to be a grope, an unwanted kiss or an inappropriate suggestion or comment. None of which are acceptable in his position. Actually none of which are acceptable full stop.

It could also be not something he did or said to her but something she witnessed. Yep re-reading the article that seems very possible.
    Last edited by hullexile; 29-12-2015 at 08:57 PM.
    Natfixit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Well it is either going to be a grope, an unwanted kiss or an inappropriate suggestion or comment. None of which are acceptable in his position. Actually none of which are acceptable full stop.
    I read that he put his arm around his colleague and kissed her on the cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I say he is totally innocent and she assaulted him with her breasts.

I loved the bit about "I did nothing illegal", that's OK then. I always feel sorry for the family in these situations.
    Obviously he refused to buy her an overpriced designer handbag, then.....or pay her for services rendered....voluntarily or not. Yep, no doubt he probably behaved like a 'jack ass of a lad', and sexism is rife in Aussie workplaces which are male dominated. Not accepted but in politics...well....another story to report. I am Australian, and seen too much of this after booze and bravado from our politicians. Age no exception.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast