Like Tree19Likes

Sugru 25 percent off, limited offer

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sugru 25 percent off, limited offer

https://sugru.com/buy?dc=WOOHOO
    shri, theflyingbeagle, jgl and 1 others like this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Got the email last night and checked the fridge, only to found out that half was already out of date and the half 'expires' in January. It's one of those products that's so useful to have about the home.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Got the email last night and checked the fridge, only to found out that half was already out of date and the half 'expires' in January. It's one of those products that's so useful to have about the home.
    i had some expired ones ( by around two months) works fine, probably the curing process took longer, best not to use expired sugru during wet/ very humid season, may not even cure/dry out
    Claire ex-ax likes this.

I've seen the name of this stuff before, but never really known what it's useful for.. what have you handy people been doing with it?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    i had some expired ones ( by around two months) works fine, probably the curing process took longer, best not to use expired sugru during wet/ very humid season, may not even cure/dry out
    Our expired ones expired in March.

The January should be okay for several more months. They've been kept in the fridge since purchase, which is supposed to extend their 'life'.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 30-12-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I've seen the name of this stuff before, but never really known what it's useful for.. what have you handy people been doing with it?
    Check out the Gallery:

https://sugru.com/gallery
    shri likes this.

WooHoo! Bought an 8 pack to see what stuff I can break and then fix.

Claire ex-ax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    It's basically like playdough that turns to a hardish rubber when cured. And it glues things really well. Unlike glue, it doesn't stick to your fingers or leak where you don't want it to go. There are a zillion examples of use on their site.

Personally I've used it to keep cables running tidily, to fix childrens' toys, modify camera grips, adapt sunglasses for high altitude mountaineering (seriously) and attach large rare earth magenets to things (useful for holding tools, keeping track of little screws)
    Claire ex-ax and imparanoic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    It's basically like playdough that turns to a hardish rubber when cured. And it glues things really well. Unlike glue, it doesn't stick to your fingers or leak where you don't want it to go. There are a zillion examples of use on their site.

Personally I've used it to keep cables running tidily, to fix childrens' toys, modify camera grips, adapt sunglasses for high altitude mountaineering (seriously) and attach large rare earth magenets to things (useful for holding tools, keeping track of little screws)
    And it can be removed!

How long is the expiration date we usually get when we buy them?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast