Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Like Tree29Likes

Astronomy in Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    Great, do you have a link to this digital nightvision scope ?
    From Alibaba (sample). Noisy field but actually quite amazing in seeing a lot of stars in filmy HK skies. Was about 1200 HKD.
    Shot at bottom is an unidentified cluster.

https://lshine.en.alibaba.com/produc...836.185.X0u75Q

@TigerSun

You saw that ? Looks interesting. Seems to be a combination of an optical lense, in series with the sensor of a digital astronomy camera. Perhaps a nice idea for our polluted and bright skys. What I'm wondering though, is if we are tributary of the resolution of the camera sensor.

Home - Unistellar

Yes, that is the picture taken with the camera.
    I will try and upload more later.

Yes, definitely useful in HK for smoggy skies.
    I'm a little unclear as to your question.
    It takes the optical image and processes/enhances it through a CCD, unlike an analogue nightvision, mine is a processed recreated image.

The Unisteller looks like it might have similar technology PLUS dedicated layering software that sandwiches multiple exposures for increasing light sensitivity. Just guessing

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    I'm a little unclear as to your question.
    It takes the optical image and processes/enhances it through a CCD, unlike an analogue nightvision, mine is a processed recreated image.
    Yes, I am wondering if the fact that this technology uses a digital element to it, we lose in resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    The Unisteller looks like it might have similar technology PLUS dedicated layering software that sandwiches multiple exposures for increasing light sensitivity. Just guessing
    This is my understanding as well, just based on what I read on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    Yes, I am wondering if the fact that this technology uses a digital element to it, we lose in resolution.
    Definitely. This is fine for stars but sucks for observing galaxies, nebulae and globulars.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789