To all those bride to be's or wedded Wives, I need tips!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To all those bride to be's or wedded Wives, I need tips!

To all those bride to be's or wedded Wives!!

My sis is getting married next year and I would love to get sum tips becos there is sooo much planning involved, its easy to forget things. ANY TIPS AT ALL, anything that u may have cum across that I could plan ahead for,
    Thanku
    cathy

Hello Cathy - congrats to your sis!
    I got married last year, but did it overseas in Orlando. It depends what you're sister wants really as it's the brides day.

You can get good books that takes you through very step, from picking the dress, planning reception, guests lists, stationary, how to plan seating arrangements, flowers, themes for wedding, legal issues on ceremonies, wedding presents,how to deal with difficult relatives, cakes, favors, photography and even honeymoon. I'm from the UK, so you'll have to go to your local store and ask reception.

If she's planning to get married overseas (as most people are nowadays), I planned everything through Virgin Atlantic - they have a very good wedding dept, that is very proactive on the brides behalf. Other travel companies have the same thing, it depends on what the brides wants and the packages they offer.

You could look at this UK web site, it's got very feature covered - http://www.confetti.co.uk/

As a final option for ideas, pick up some wedding magazines, they have lots of ideas and even count down list of what you/sis should be doing until the final day.

I hope that helps!!

TOOTS

Thanx Roots
    I will let my sis kno!! It sounds like a lot of work!!
    Hope you had a wonderful wedding and I appreciate the tips!!
    cathy

Sorry mis spelt ur name!! Thanx TOOTS!!

re: wedding details

I got married in Hong Kong and have researched the wedding thing in HK like crazy!
    My bridesmaids are from all over the world so my husband and I had to do most of the planning ourselves.
    I used "TheKnot.com" on line to help me keep organized.
    Definately start early. I know a lot of Brides who's biggest regrett was not doing things properly for their special day.
    If you have any more questions I would be happy to help.
    It's my specialty^^

Hey alya!
    ahh its so sweet of u to offer ur help! Its nice getting views from sum1 who have done the whole wedding cos U wud know best!
    Its actually my sis getting married and she's trying ever so hard to organise it...we have loads of frends and relatives flying in to hk from uk so its mayhem and panic!!
    I will suggest that website to my sis and let her kno..if she has any questions I will forward them to u, thanku in advance, much appreciated!
    cathy

Does anyone know where to look for a wedding veil and jeweled combs of some sort? I'm getting married this summer. As for wedding tips, I'll have to think about that one. I think delating helps.
    -JoAnn

wedding accessories

There's this huge building in Jordan opposite "Allied Plaza"
    It was about 3 floors of dresses, chinese dresses, mother of the bride dresses etc...
    They had the most assortment of wedding hair accessories in one place, favours, shoes, crinolins for very cheap etc...
    They even tailor dresses for a very good price and was the only place that I found to tailor make shoes as well. They do hair and makeup and if you like the cheezier videos and photo's, you could go there for it as well as rent your limo. They had it all under one roof!
    Some of the products were gaudy and not as elegant in my opinion but, when you're planning a wedding, you have to learn to compromise on some areas. I never did find a wedding veil that I really liked and ended up making it myself with fabric from Sham shui po and swarovski bead crystals that I found there for very cheap but, there was an amazing place in Central with this lady who brought in fabric from Italy and designed each veil to fit perfectly to the bride. I thought she was the best expert on veils in Hong Kong. I wish I could find the name, if you want, I can try and find it for you.

yes Fashioncath!
    Tell me about it!
    I had a wedding of 300 with people flying in from Korea, Canada, LA, New York, Japan, Indonesia, Singapore, etc...
    We even were brave enough to have a wedding rehearsal party for just the out of towners!
    Oof! It was a trying time!
    Hope yours goes smoother!

wow alya...guest from all over the world! that musta bin tough!! well done to you! lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast