Like Tree14Likes

Cold weather for expats

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    It seems the letter o is now a swear word to be replaced by *
    And the letter "l".

Ooops, that was me. Was trying to censor an aggressive spammer, messed up a setting.

So Skyhook, if you think this weekend will be so warm and balmy, I challenge you to spend a whole day (including the night) up at Tai Mo Shan wearing nothing but your swimming pants on Sunday or Monday. (kidding of course-but it is worth a try to back up your claim).

Last edited by Cho-man; 22-01-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    And the letter "l".
    Well an l looks like an erect penis and the o a vagina so I think it is about time this smut was taken off this forum.

Well, come brave men and women will be racing this weekend.

Four Peaks racers braced for frigid conditions in Hong Kong as 2016 edition prepares to get underway | South China Morning Post

My son's scout troop is involved .. forget the details, but they're supposed to provide support / refreshments or something like that to the runners at some point in the race. Pity the fools ...

The Four Peaks Race brings together the sailing and running community for a unique endurance feat. Competitors will set off from Tai Tam bay on Saturday morning, travelling towards Lantau. There, runners are dropped off in an allocated “zone” and travel to shore via a small boat or kayak before and ascend Lantau Peak (934 metres) on any chosen route, before making their way back to the boat for more. From there, competitors tackle three more mountains during the day and overnight: Mount Steinhouse (353 metres) on Lamma, Violet Hill (433 metres) on Hong Kong Island and Ma On Shan (702 metres) in Sai Kung.

It's also the HK100 I think. And they go over Tai Mo Shan. As to the OP'S question. .. I do find the down jackets and fur hoods worn by locals to be hilarious. I went hiking today and as a concession to the supposed cols front wore a very thin long sleeved tshirt instead of my usual sleeveless top. I was boiling for most of the hike. So far the only time I've been cols here was in an outdoor restaurant up in the hills in the NT at night when I didn't realise it was going to be outdoor and only had a thin top and waterproof coat. That was before Xmas on that cold day we got. Since then I pack a jumper if I go out at night and it's fine. Inside with people still having the aircon on though is another matter. Wtf is that about? I consider it to be cold at about 2 or 3 degrees C. Above that it's a little chilly. Above 10 degrees is "nice hiking weather "

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    So Skyhook, if you think this weekend will be so warm and balmy, I challenge you to spend a whole day (including the night) up at Tai Mo Shan wearing nothing but your swimming pants on Sunday or Monday. (kidding of course-but it is worth a try to back up your claim).
    I might decide to wear a long sleeve shirt this weekend.
    Because it will be just so 'cold' *smirk*

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I might decide to wear a long sleeve shirt this weekend.
    Because it will be just so 'cold' *smirk*
    Hehehe. Oh please, that's nothing to a tough chap like you. 0 degrees up at Tai Mo Shan is nothing for you. Swimming pant is enough clothing already.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    1800 of us will be there running the HK100 course...in short and tees.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast