Like Tree4Likes

Making regular (small) payments to the Philippines - options?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks TB. I'm definitely concerned that payment of a lump-sum might has a higher chance of not being used for the agreed purpose, but I think I've just got to trust in the arrangement, or not do it at all.

I think you're right. Maybe 6 months in advance would be a better idea - Probably wasted more time googling the different options than I would have saved in transfer fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehiogu:
    The purpose of the money is for use in the Philippines. It doesn't make sense for us to transfer to her HK account, get charged for the transfer, then she transfer it to the Phils (and get charged on that transfer too).
    If you have a account in the same bank you can avoid 1 set of charges when you transfer locally.

Original Post Deleted
    All the ones I know use Western Union or equivalent. Cheap enough from HK on small amounts but dearer from UK. I wouldn't worry too much about them using all the money up early, if they are that way with money they would just borrow against the future monthly money anyway which would be worse.