Like Tree10Likes

Avenue of the stars promenade

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Avenue of the stars promenade

Does anyone know when the construction that is closing off the avenue of the stars/promenade will be completed? I used to enjoy an early morning walk/job along the water, but not with all the construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    Does anyone know when the construction that is closing off the avenue of the stars/promenade will be completed? I used to enjoy an early morning walk/job along the water, but not with all the construction.
    You'll have to wait a while I'm afraid, scheduled to reopen in 2018.
    Open Casket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    You'll have to wait a while I'm afraid, scheduled to reopen in 2018.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling it wouldn't be quick. The buildings adjacent to the Intercontinental are being built very, very slowly. Any idea what they are building? Office space or hotel?

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling it wouldn't be quick. The buildings adjacent to the Intercontinental are being built very, very slowly. Any idea what they are building? Office space or hotel?
    According to this artist's impression, it will be a calm oasis for relaxation along a tree lined avenue which will be packed with gweilos when the sun is rising;
    Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront Revitalisation
    wtbhotia and Open Casket like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    According to this artist's impression, it will be a calm oasis for relaxation along a tree lined avenue which will be packed with gweilos when the sun is rising;
    Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront Revitalisation
    That photo rendering is hilarious. It will look nothing like that. Instead it should have thousands of mainlanders taking selfies with a smog filtered sky line in the back ground.

That photo rendering is hilarious. It will look nothing like that. Instead it should have thousands of mainlanders taking selfies with a smog filtered sky line in the back ground.
    and the trees will be axed as they ran over budget while the 3 square feet of grass will be fenced off just incase anyone tries to sit on it.
    Open Casket likes this.

The deck chairs are a nice touch. It was like this so a major improvement.

This developer should be given more of our harbourfront if they can work miracles like this (or was it because they backed CY at the last CE election?)

I was actually walking past by Intercontinental today, was wondering what they were building.

I still enjoy my early jogs around the Avenue of the Stars, but I'm talking about 6am when there's hardly anyone about.

Open Casket likes this.

Government now not giving C Y Leung's backer 500m of prime waterfront to gorge on because of public opinion (or was it the pending legal challenge?)

news.gov.hk - TST waterfront plan revised

The adoption of a simple design is expected to reduce by half the initial two-year promenade closure, meeting public aspirations and alleviating inconvenience.

Last edited by East_coast; 17-02-2016 at 09:49 PM.

It's the stage for African pick up artists, the show must go on

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast