NLP

I'm interested in learning NLP. Can anyone recommend any instructors in Hong Kong?

http://www.nlpasia.com/release3/uplo...on%201%203.pdf

never been but may be of interest?

][ :: Power ONE :: ][ - About Danny Moorjani

Try this guy. Very well known and competent from what I've heard from people who've dealt with him.

He is a practitioner .. not sure how that might help you, but he might have some pointers.
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 31-10-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Am I the only one who hasn't heard of NLP? I read the pdf that lionrock88 linked - that didn't help it mentioned NLP numerous times, but never actually stated what is was the abbreviation for. The Wiki site wasn't that clear either when it came to exactly what NLP actually is (but at least explained what it stood for). Maybe it is just me.

The pdf file starts: "Dilts is one of the founders of NLP University. Recognized internationally as one of the foremost
    Developers, Trainers and Masters of NLP."

Am very suspicious of people who start their own universities. And for $4,500 for two day.. .. ..

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

An NLP expierence

Last year I had a call from a friend in Dubai, the gist of which was "DROP EVERYTHING AND GO TO THIS SEMINAR BY THIS GUY FROM INDIA WHO IS COMING TO VERY NEAR YOU-YOU MUST GO TO HIS PRESENTATION-ITS ONLY FOUR HOURS AND YOU MUST GO, OK? MUST GO. GO!!"
    After three emails and another call, all in 24 hours, I decided to at least call up the great man when he was here to find out what he was flogging.
    i called his local contact to get a similar spiel as above, when the guy finally turned up and returned my call-I asked him what he was selling?
    AND HE COULD NOT TELL ME
    a lot of waffling about life changing experience blah blah and how it would reguire attendance to his presenation etc etc ad nauseum.
    I never did find time to mosey down to Kowloon Bay for the shindig-I wonder if any Geoexpater did?

I think Robin Sharma is one[no connection to the nutter above], check out his book

That was a Bookazine sponsored seminar right? Robin Sharma?

Yes Sharma was with Bookazine-But I would again like to clarify that the tool I encountered on the phone was not he.

Robin Sharma is in HK on Tuesday afternoon - May 19, 2009. Any other Geoexpats going besides me?

He is speaking on Leadership not NLP.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    Robin Sharma is in HK on Tuesday afternoon - May 19, 2009. Any other Geoexpats going besides me?

He is speaking on Leadership not NLP.
    Ha!
    so you are going to see the great man or help him empty a few botlles of vino?
    no matter
    here is what he has to say recently on his blog

Why I Tweet
    April 07, 2009, 5:47 AM

Addicted to Twitter. Any insight I have or any move I make (just about) I tweet about it. So why do I do it?

My main aim in life is getting clearer and clearer: I want to help human beings remember (and then use) their NLP (Natural Leadership Power). And by tweeting, I get to help you remember all day long.

Global economies are in a mess. Wars are too common. Society is in deep transformation. Answer? We all need to start showing leadership. And I'll do my part by sending you tweet

Was the OP referring to Neuro-Linguistic Programming?

Neuro-linguistic programming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I went through a program a few years ago. There's a lot of it that smacks of pseudo-science, but at the end of the day, if you put your head in a good place and reinforce that by the language you employ, it isn't going to hurt.

Still haven't tossed my meds, though...

Edit: Doh! Just noticed link in OP's post...

Last edited by TS888; 18-05-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Missed the point...