Like Tree31Likes

Office moving to Kwun Tong --- how bad is it?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossMojonation:
    Our company has offices in both Central and KT, so I can shed some light on what to expect. Many higher end and healthier restaurants (e.g. sushi) are hidden from view, located on the middle floors of buildings that look like old factories. The exterior isn't pretty but the interior is often very nice. If you have colleagues to show you the way, you can eat very well.

FF and Physical are both close to the MTR and located inside modern office towers. I saw both facilities and chose to get a membership at FF. This gym is immaculate and the salespeople are professional (i.e. not pushy). There are several floors of restaurants downstairs in the same building.

There are building renovations throughout KT, so I suppose it's improving. However, it still feels industrial as many building facades are reminiscent of scenes from Blade Runner.

The upside of moving to KT is more space. If you had a smaller cubicle or office before, you'll have a much larger one in KT. We also have a nice sea view overlooking the ferry terminal.
    Thank you this is really helpful Gym was my big concern as lunch time is my only available time for training and not many gym options where I live.
    I agree the space will be bigger, which i really need. Still can't get used to the office space in my Asian offices haha

It really says something about how valued you are to a (presumably big, multinational) company if they're going to move an office out to Kwun Tong.

I think it says more about the economy...and happy if they re-invest the savings of a big office in their talent

TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by caterinac:
    I think it says more about the economy...and happy if they re-invest the savings of a big office in their talent
    I've yet to see that second point pursued by the multinationals in finance/insurance who have moved out there!

The other day I was in a grittier part of Kowloon similar to Kwun Tong having a coffee in a Starbucks. Next to me was young lady in her early 20's and she was somewhat distressed. She asked me to look after her bags while she went to the toilet.

When she came back she said she had come over from Mid Levels for a Yoga modelling meeting that she had missed due to it being in Kowloon and this was the first time she had come over for years and she didn't where places were. Then she said she felt like a 'refugee' stuck in an industrial area.

Last edited by East_coast; 08-04-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    The other day I was in a grittier part of Kowloon similar to Kwun Tong having a coffee in a Starbucks. Next to me was young lady in her early 20's and she was somewhat distressed. She asked me to look after her bags while she went to the toilet.

When she came back she said she had come over from Mid Levels for a Yoga modelling meeting that she had missed due to it being in Kowloon and this was the first time she had come over for years and she didn't where places were. Then she said she felt like a 'refugee' stuck in an industrial area.
    Thats 45 seconds of my life I'll never get back
    Skyhook likes this.

Wow, that has multiple levels of "fail" all over it.

She's never heard of a red Toyota with a silver roof that takes you where you want to go in exchange for money?

What is a yoga modelling meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    What is a yoga modelling meeting?
    From what I could gather she was going for an interview as a functional yoga clothing model. She would wear the clothes being developed and strike extreme yoga poses to make sure the garments still worked and looked good.

From what I could gather she was going for an interview as a functional yoga clothing model. She would wear the clothes being developed and strike extreme yoga poses to make sure the garments still worked and looked good.
    Hull has the free time but not sure he could strike the necessary poses, I wonder if he'll give it a go?