Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia
  • 1 Post By jobin
  • 1 Post By dumbdonkey

Camp fire on a beach: Illegal?

Closed Thread

Cool Camp fire on a beach: Illegal?

Hey,

Just wondered if anyone knew the rules regarding small contained camp fires. I see ethnically Chinese people burning things in bins on the streets of Wan Chai in the day time so would one be allowed on a remote beach one nice evening? Just thought it might be nice to do for my upcoming birthday and hangout with a few beers and friends by firelight.

I gave it a Googling and it seems to be fine to do... But saying that, the search results didn't specify the legal stance. Don't want to get into trouble!

Thanks

Last edited by greenmark; 08-04-2016 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Correction

As long as you stay away from beaches controlled by Leisure and Cultural Services Department or private residential properties, you'll be fine.

Titus likes this.

Have the fire at mid-day and no one will notice. Alternative is to carry a metal bucket, and if anyone asks, tell them 'ancestor worship'.

Titus likes this.

just tell them its for religious reasons, you can burn anything anywhere in this town.

Titus likes this.

Pretty hot out yesterday, the last thing I'd want to do is sit by a fire, mid day, in the sun on the beach.