Like Tree2Likes

application as naturalization as chinese national

Closed Thread

application as naturalization as chinese national

Hi All

Asking for a friend,

he has just got his HK PR (he is indian) after staying here for 7 years. Now he wants to apply to become Chinese national and then get a HK passport.

he is currently stationed in manila. he is coming to HK next week and wants to apply for his and his family's naturalization.
    I wanted to confirm if he needs to bring whole family along at the time of submitting the application ? or can he just come in himself and apply for his wife and kids too?
    does one has to be physically present in HK while applying for this Chinese national stuff?

Thanks for your help!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Applications can be made in person or by post, so then the whole family doesn't have to go there, but the family should preferably be Hong Kong.

See the Guide: A Guide for Applicants - Naturalisation as a Chinese National | Immigration Department

thanks, that's the thing. he is on secondment in manila and the family will be there

do you think they would beed the family to be in HK at the time of the application

thanks for the info

so its not a requirement to be physically present in HK when the husband applies for this?

The ImmD says the applicants should be in Hong Kong at the time of application. Read that however you want.

Hi Claire ex-ax

pls could you tell me where does it say that ?
    the form says that
    "The application should normally be made while you are in Hong Kong"

I typed that from memory. I forgot the word "normally".

"They might even ask if his family is in hong kong and he will have to probably lie."

Don't lie to ImmD. It knows whether the family is in Hong Kong or not. Lying to ImmD will not help your friend's case.