Like Tree11Likes

India- Gift Suggestions

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

And tiger oil / balm.

The prizemart sometimes has giant toblerones which are much appreciated.

Get cool home gadgets from the japanese department stores, especially things related to the kitchen. As an indian I've noticed our homes back in India are severely lacking in good quality appliances and also small stuff like graters, garlic crushers, nice chopping boards, scoops etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis:
    Get cool home gadgets from the japanese department stores, especially things related to the kitchen. As an indian I've noticed our homes back in India are severely lacking in good quality appliances and also small stuff like graters, garlic crushers, nice chopping boards, scoops etc.

Don't worry, ikea will establish many branches in Indian cities from 2018-19, according to the media

Toblerone/Hershey's kisses are good, standard foreign gifts. I've found that many older Indian people tend to get slightly less experimentative and the comfort of the familiar is more welcome.
    Most Sikh men definitely like their whiskey, so using your allowance of 2 bottles on Chivas (with a free bag at Mumbai Duty free!)/ Glenfidditch would be very likely much appreciated
    Tiger balm.
    Kitchen knick knacks (i took a 12$ knife sharpener home) also are welcomed...