Like Tree2Likes

Suitcase Cleaning Service - where?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Suitcase Cleaning Service - where?

So it goes like this... we are moving home and have the swarm of removal men packing stuff willy-nilly. One of them helpfully packs a forgotten, un-eaten packed lunch on one of the cases. I go away fro 10 days - come back and the house is stinking. My wife claims it is because she bought some durian and it has gone off a bit. Anyway - smell gets stronger and stronger - I investigate and as I draw near the case it becomes overwhelming. I open the case and nearly puke. There is a plastic bag with a poly container full of putrefied pork chop and noodles in there. I have to throw away the whole contents of the suitcase....

I get the suitcase into the shower and scrub it inside and out for 1/2 hour with soap and water. Spray it with Dettol spray. almost a whole can, then leave it on the balcony to dry. It still smells of rotten food. It is not a cheap case so I don;t really want to have to throw it out so does anyone know a service whereby they pick it up and clean it on an industrial scale to get rid of the smell?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Jeeves?

"Jeeves can also skillfully clean and repair your handbags, briefcases and luggage."

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby:
    So it goes like this... we are moving home and have the swarm of removal men packing stuff willy-nilly. One of them helpfully packs a forgotten, un-eaten packed lunch on one of the cases. I go away fro 10 days - come back and the house is stinking. My wife claims it is because she bought some durian and it has gone off a bit. Anyway - smell gets stronger and stronger - I investigate and as I draw near the case it becomes overwhelming. I open the case and nearly puke. There is a plastic bag with a poly container full of putrefied pork chop and noodles in there. I have to throw away the whole contents of the suitcase....

I get the suitcase into the shower and scrub it inside and out for 1/2 hour with soap and water. Spray it with Dettol spray. almost a whole can, then leave it on the balcony to dry. It still smells of rotten food. It is not a cheap case so I don;t really want to have to throw it out so does anyone know a service whereby they pick it up and clean it on an industrial scale to get rid of the smell?
    try chemdry hk

then after cleaning use active charcoal *( get them from aquarium stores) , but be careful not to tip charcoal as that could stain the suitcase or get it soiled

I'd burn that thing!

jmbf likes this.

Before you throw it out, go buy an apple, peel it and then slice it thinly and then put it inside the suitcase.
    Wait 12 hours and see if the smell is better.

Its a cheap method and might just work for you.

seriously, there is something worse than durian that has gone off?

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    seriously, there is something worse than durian that has gone off?
    Cat pee and dog vomit. After this morning's palaver, I'm trying to get the smell out of the car...also the burnt smell in the house after a fire in the over two nights ago...

Personally, I would ditch the suitcase.

i can imagine customs, breaking your suitcase as they suspect their could be a dead body or was used to contain a dead body some time ago

Have you tried claiming the cost of the suitcase from the movers? Or it might be covered by any sort of moving insurance you had? Sounds like negligence to me. Then you can chuck it and buy a nice new one.

If you are going to chuck it, let me know and I'll take it off your hands.
    This smells like a fun project

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast