Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

how expensive are Movers / transportation and electronics in hongkong

Closed Thread

Hi,

what is best, getting all furniture and electronics from India( company giving logistics service) to Hongkong or buy in hongkong ( new or pre-owned goods)
    how much does a transportation of pre owned goods cost in honkong.
    (I see lots of ads frm expats )

Electronics price - for say TV / fridge - are they more in Hongkong as compared to india or less??

Quote Originally Posted by mesmerized:
    Electronics price - for say TV / fridge - are they more in Hongkong as compared to india or less??
    You can check price.com.hk for some items you will need and compare. Another good source for household goods I used in the past is http://www.builtinpro.hk/en/

Delivery is often free (included in price) in HK.

You can also use the app GoGoVan to hire vans for very cheap (think less than HK $100). They are good to transport things like TV etc if delivery is not included.

Also, the value of second hand "made in india" products will be zero, no warranty and no spare parts. Might as well store them or sell them in India where they may have some value.

Value of products bought in HK (used or new) should be retained if you take them back to India.

imparanoic likes this.

Local transportation is cheap. Download the app Easyvan and there you can select from and to places and get a price.

Different options are:

Van - I've transported bookshelves, TVs, bicycles, wardrobes and nearly everything.

Van Move it Yourself could be $80-250. Usually slightly cheaper than a taxi.

Van $80-250 + help (need negotiate $400/half day, $800/full day per person)

5 ton Truck. I just use the 5 ton because it fits everything easily and I know the driver, reliable, even picks me up for free and takes me there and back. Fee is usually $550 or $1000 with one man helper included.

Again based on distance so these rates are pretty far distances. I've found furnitures all over HK, and collected them. Usually need to travel for the good stuff.

Discovery Bay will cost more. Islands I have no idea.

thanks for responses

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    You can check price.com.hk for some items you will need and compare. Another good source for household goods I used in the past is Built-in Pro 廚房電器專門店

Delivery is often free (included in price) in HK.

A neighbor recommended ImportAppliances Europe - ImportAppliances.

Anyone else use them?

Check power compatibility first.