Like Tree60Likes

Helper termination

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

An acquaintance of an acquaintance had jewellery stolen from a home safe by her helper, who taken it to a pawnbroker. The police found the tickets in her purse and got it all back. No idea whether she was prosecuted. You can't 'tie' everything down.

But really... why pay the bail?

I paid for her bail as we were at station at the time, I had brought my wallet with some cash ,ID and keys etc in it while she had only brought along her debit card,passport and ID card. Only cash is accepted for bail money. The police informed her that she has to repay me.The funny thing is, she took the bail money ($500 note) which I laid on table in front of her, using her ID card and passport held between her fingers, the way u use chopsticks or tongs. The cops and I were baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamenco:
    she had mentioned that she has a store room in Tsuen wan on rent where she keeps some of her things.
    ...and probably some of your things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    But really... why pay the bail?
    Because from what I understand, the OP doesn't want to harm the helper with a legal action eg. bail or jail due to her financial and social commitments back home, she just wants to terminate her contract and get her out of the house.

I wouldn't be that too kind to people with such behavior.

The funny thing is, she took the bail money ($500 note) which I laid on table in front of her, using her ID card and passport held between her fingers, the way u use chopsticks or tongs. The cops and I were baffled.
    Seasoned PRO, doesnt want her finger prints on the bank note LOL
    z754103 likes this.

@merchantms there's an NGO that provides financial courses to help helpers deal with managing their money as well as "nagging" family back home. You could sponsor her for it (only ~$200 I think).

Financial Education - Enrichhk

merchantms likes this.

Crazy situation and you and her were breaking the law by allowing her to work part time for others.

It's expressively forbidden by immigration

WMDS likes this.

Merchantms.. Yes, I always gave her a salary advance by 25th of the month and she would go the next day to central to remit.. So that her son received the money by 30th. She never mentioned being financially stressed, only that she has to pay mortgage and tuition fee. I allowed part time as an additional income for her .
    I had discussed with her we would pay her an annual bonus if she's deserving and definitely increase salary if we have another child . I did not pay above minimum right from start ..I do most of cooking as she doesn't know our cuisine and I would teach her. She has broken pan handles, plate, vacuum cleaner etc.. I used to say ,don't worry it happens, pls be careful next time. We also don't have pets, car, garden ,parties.
    When money went missing, I had sat her down and said if u ever need cash, just talk to me, I will lend. She replied that she has never borrowed money in her life, in fact it is her friends who borrow from her !

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Merchantms.. Yes, I always gave her a salary advance by 25th of the month and she would go the next day to central to remit.. So that her son received the money by 30th. She never mentioned being financially stressed, only that she has to pay mortgage and tuition fee. I allowed part time as an additional income for her .
    I had discussed with her we would pay her an annual bonus if she's deserving and definitely increase salary if we have another child . I did not pay above minimum right from start ..I do most of cooking as she doesn't know our cuisine and I would teach her. She has broken pan handles, plate, vacuum cleaner etc.. I used to say ,don't worry it happens, pls be careful next time. We also don't have pets, car, garden ,parties.
    When money went missing, I had sat her down and said if u ever need cash, just talk to me, I will lend. She replied that she has never borrowed money in her life, in fact it is her friends who borrow from her !
    This (bolded) is illegal. If you are going to hire a helper, please make yourself aware of the law, and the consequences of breaking it.

I understand , will never allow part time as a rule again.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast