Like Tree111Likes

Typhoon Nida - T8 on Tuesday?

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14

I always make my way in as soon as I can (from DB). My usual route is airport bus then Airport Express. I left home just after 9am and got the airport bus fairly quickly. Unfortunately, just outside Tung Chung, we came to a very flooded portion of the road, just beneath the underpass, where the road dips. We were stuck there for two and a half hours waiting for the highways truck and a man with an iron rod to clear the blocked drain! The water was thigh-deep, as evidenced by an ambulance driver who waded in to see if he could get through, lights flashing. They reversed out of the situation. We couldn't back up as right afterwards, another bus behind us did, to get to the on-ramp onto the highway, and ended up with it's rear end stuck on the road surface.

chuckster007 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Dont see any, Japan might get hit with One but not HK.

Original Post Deleted

Nothing I can see.

Original Post Deleted
    Sooo.... I’m in Tokyo right now. Landed about 12hrs after a storm made landfall. Weather is hot, humid, dry, not even a breeze.

Nothing works. Hours-long lines for cab or to get into Shinagawa station. All stations have the escalator out of service - huge fun in a senior citizen country like Japan. The physical rigor people apply to wrestle in and out of trains is impressive though occasionally painful. Two hours after leaving the airport I’m still nowhere near my hotel let along the place I was supposed to meet client - doesn’t matter, they haven’t made it to office either.

I really think the HK (or Taipei) way of shutting the city down until, you know, it actually functions again is better than fetishizing office presence but, each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Sooo.... I’m in Tokyo right now. Landed about 12hrs after a storm made landfall. Weather is hot, humid, dry, not even a breeze.

Nothing works. Hours-long lines for cab or to get into Shinagawa station. All stations have the escalator out of service - huge fun in a senior citizen country like Japan. The physical rigor people apply to wrestle in and out of trains is impressive though occasionally painful. Two hours after leaving the airport I’m still nowhere near my hotel let along the place I was supposed to meet client - doesn’t matter, they haven’t made it to office either.

I really think the HK (or Taipei) way of shutting the city down until, you know, it actually functions again is better than fetishizing office presence but, each to their own
    Nova Scotia in Canada just got hit by a Cat 2 and the Government sensible have cancelled many things like school on Monday to allow a day for clean-up.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14