Like Tree54Likes

Chinese inflight magazine warns visitors to avoid London’s ‘Indian, Pakistani & black’ areas

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Actually a few years ago women in Brooklyn were being harassed by the local Hasidic Jewish community for wearing shorts as well. They protested a bike lane going through their neighborhood because they were concerned about seeing women's legs.

BTW Pamela Geller is a grade A idiot who happens to be Jewish so I suspect you won't find her writing about that on her site.
    Maybe you should mention the Jews even more every time something relating to nationality or race gets mentioned. And keep mentioning how being a Jew instantly discredits whatever they write about.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    There are plenty of dodgy neighbourhoods in London. I would certainly not wander around many places at night. The language may be a little unfortunately but I think the message is pretty sound.
    WTF comes to mind
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea addict:
    Maybe you should mention the Jews even more every time something relating to nationality or race gets mentioned. And keep mentioning how being a Jew instantly discredits whatever they write about.
    Pamela Geller is an idiot for so many reasons. But it just happens that the Jewish community in part of NYC is harassing people as well so why point a finger at French Muslims? The same community has gender segregated buses.

An Ultra-Orthodox Neighborhood Goes Against Bikes - Metropolis - WSJ

But what explains the ongoing opposition to bikes in this very religious corner of Brooklyn? Previous press reports have suggested the primary issue is modesty, particularly concerns about the attire of women bikers.As the surrounding neighborhoods gentrified over the past two decades, more bikers began to traverse the insular area. One Hasidic man expressed that view recently, telling The Wall Street Journal that passersby on bikes sometimes seemed “more naked than clothed.”
    But opposition to bikes goes deeper than attire.
    Shulem Deen, who identifies as a former Hasid and runs the website Unpious.com, recalled his childhood in nearby Borough Park, Brooklyn, where biking wasn’t exactly forbidden. Still, he said, “it was still common for people to say it’s vulgar.”

I'm glad to hear Claire's Brixton story from the 80s if only because it shows how far we've come. My good friend (white, as seems relevant to this particular discussion) lives in Brixton now. Went to meet him last summer and caught a late tube home with my then 4 year old daughter. No trouble whatsoever. The area is pretty nice now with a lot of "trendy" restaurants etc. but more importantly it is very much multicultural.

AGxM likes this.

Pamela Geller is an idiot for so many reasons. But it just happens that the Jewish community in part of NYC is harassing people as well so why point a finger at French Muslims? The same community has gender segregated buses.

An Ultra-Orthodox Neighborhood Goes Against Bikes - Metropolis - WSJ
    What does the article you linked has to do with OP's article? Why did you have to suddenly bring the Jews into it? You could have just mentioned her name and said that you think she's an idiot. Why did her faith suddenly came into play here? So a person who happens to be Jewish can't write about people of different religions now?

Similar middle eastern religious biases.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea addict:
    So a person who happens to be Jewish can't write about people of different religions now?
    Sure they can. But the word anti-semite is a lot more powerful than islamophobe or whatever they call it. Think about this .. and think hard.

Fair game calling out a person's religion when they're crapping on someone elses religion?

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Seriously, do you believe the article that you just posted?

Hint, when you see sentences like this, "The men were seriously injured, one of them won’t be able to go back to work for 30 days, said the Hospital.", you should realise that there's very little journalistic activity going on here. First of all, Hospitals don't say stuff. It's usually someone speaking on behalf of the hospital, who will be named and quoted by a professional journalist.
    What not to believed it was in all French media/Tv ? And the 30 days is real as show on the sick leave certificate of the man. For info in the same city in June a girl got attack by a group of 54 very braves men for wearing a short.

Toulon: violemment agressés parce que leurs femmes sont en short
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    What not to believed it was in all French media/Tv ? And the 30 days is real as show on the sick leave certificate of the man. For info in the same city in June a girl got attack by a group of 54 very braves men for wearing a short.

Toulon: violemment agressés parce que leurs femmes sont en short
    Ok, I believe it now. France is definitely off my list of places to visit on my European vacation next year.

Ok, I believe it now. France is definitely off my list of places to visit on my European vacation next year.

Why?
    Because a few morons can't stand a short?

Get over it really...most beaches are filled with half naked ladies if that helps you come over :-)
    angeluscomplex likes this.