Like Tree34Likes

Helper just left !!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Helper just left !!!

Hi All

So we hired the helper from overseas who had been messaging me frown whatsapp
    Saying that she was so eager to come and work me

She started work on 30th August and had been coughing when she came
    On 31st August she says she needs to goto hospital so I calked ambulance
    It turns out that age had acute bronchitis
    She spend 5 days at hospital and then ca stated at agent boarding house for 2 data as she wanted to do rest and I didn't what it to sure dc to my kids
    Mage Dane back yesterday and this morning she hota phone call and just packed up her bags and told us that she wants to leave
    She just left !
    I called the agent who contacted her and called her to their office
    She refused to talk to me
    And despite several efforts , she refused to sign any letter
    The agent tried to explain to her that she owes me 1 month notice or the salary
    Well she said she didn't have money and want bothered

Now she has left the agent office and the agent told me that she might goto this nog called Christian action and might file a labour claim that we thirties her vas fire her without 1 moth notice or salary
    I was ready to give her air ticket but she refused to talk to me !

I have already sent terminator letter to immigration explaining that she left other own
    But I am really very worried that she can claim some case against us in labour department

What shall I do
    ?
    I am in state of shock and am really worried

Just want to pay her ticket and get over with the nightmare
    She on the other hand told agent she what to stay and look for job And wouldn't Saigon anything

What to do
    Please help

If you havent done anything wrong then there is nothing to worry about. I would suggest you change your door lock though.

How can I prove that she left herself and we didn't fire her ?
    The agent told me that organizations like Christian action would always believe the helper story
    She already told me that she left her last job in Hk because they didn't give her food!
    She can make up all stories and claim $$$
    She was effectively here for 2 days
    Shall I write the story to labour department ?
    I really don't have energy or time for all this issue

Don't worry, most likely nothing will happen and if she claims a dispute, you have an agent to back your story. Anyhow, what is she going to claim? One day of salary? She doesn't qualify for sick pay yet. She also has no proof that you terminated her. The agent can back you on that.

I suggest you send an email to the labour department explaining your situation. Then you have your story on file.

Try to get some statement from the agent so that the story doesn't magically change later and I would ask the agent to get a resignation letter. I would be more upset about losing the fees you paid to hire her but weird that you didn't mention that and sough only to pay her airfare home on top of losing the fees.

Don't believe the stories, or the pity parties. You don't need to be anyone savour, get a normal helper without a tainted past.

Another thing is that you sent a termination letter to immigration but she walked out on the job. Is that the appropriate action? If you sent a termination letter then she might say you fired her (after all you sent a termination letter). But I wouldn't worry, unless you did something stupid in the 24 hours she was with you, likely to blow over and never hear from it again.

If she's trying to cause problems, then nothing you can do, just handle it professionally. I would just call the labour department and say the helper walked out with no notice, what are your legal responsibilities then leave it at that. You can decide if you want to file a claim for your one month that she owes you, or you can simply make a record and save the reference number.

With onyl yr side of story.
    Most likely she r trying to drag a longer time to stay in hk by filing a case in the labour dept. in order to find a new job, or really to claim u.

If the times right. u should report to policement for this missed person. tham...

Write n fax the foorm to immg dept hk. call them too.. Esplain all the details, summit all the proof u have. Thry might black-list her won day. eventho she fine a new job...

Calk the labor dept hk to seek help OR. ...
    If u reolly has no time to spend, So. just give her whatever she wants.

Last edited by Pidaras; 09-09-2016 at 03:38 AM.

As already mentioned, change your locks.

"Christian Action" - sounds like a terrorist group, imagine if it was called "<Any other relgion> Action" - there'd be stormtroopers shutting them down in a jiffy

Document everything - write letters, keep copies of the letters, don't do things verbally and, in the words of Fox Mulder, Trust No1

juanalias likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bsc1280:
    I have already sent terminator letter to immigration
    Sarah Connor?
    Rob2020 and Apjace like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bsc1280:
    Hi All

So we hired the helper from overseas who had been messaging me frown whatsapp
    Saying that she was so eager to come and work me
    I think that is the issue.

Working for you would have been fine. Working you she may not have liked. ;-)

seriously if you have done nothing wrong, nothing to worry about but:
    - change door lock
    - tell security downstairs you building in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Working for you would have been fine. Working you she may not have liked. ;-)
    i have to say, the initial OP was painful to read in terms of grammar, autocorrected words, etc

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast