Like Tree2Likes

Shipping Charges/Taxes in Hong Kong.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Shipping Charges/Taxes in Hong Kong.

hi, i have a quick question, if i order something that weighs nearly 20kg from USA and i pay for all the shipping charges to the seller and he ships the package to me, would there be any additional charges that i could get in hong kong for getting that 20kg package delivered to my house, even though i’ve paid all the shipping charges to the seller.

i’m just worried that once it arrives in hong kong, some delivery company may ask for more to deliver the package to my house since it weighs 20kg. or will that all be taken care of once i pay the shipping charges to the seller?

sorry for the silly question but just wanted to makes sure i don’t get any surprises and want to confirm everything before making the online purchase.

thanks.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

What kind of shipping company are you talking about? Courier? USPS? Or freight?

eBay Global Shipping. Buying this item from eBay, a desktop, weighs around 20kg. Just want to make sure of the total cost before I purchase it. thx.

Last edited by craftyman; 16-09-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by craftyman:
    eBay Global Shipping. Buying this item from eBay, a desktop, weighs around 20kg. Just want to make sure of the total cost before I purchase it. thx.

No import tax unless its cigarettes, petrol, some types of booze and some cosmetics.

Thanks haha, never thought of that.

thanks,just what I needed to hear. so,just to confirm,there will be no additional surprise cost,what I pay to the seller,including the hefty shipping charges from US to Hong Kong,is all that I need to pay, and it will be delivered to my doorsteps, right?

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, a lot of us electronics are 120 volts only, you need a big step down transformer

Ok, I think I'm gonna have to check with the seller again.

i asked the seller and he said it should work on 220 volt with an adapter for the power cord.in the area he lives in, they use a 110 volt so I'm guessing like all things US, this should work in HK if i use the adapters that allow US power cords to work. Or should I just not take the risk?

If you are crafty, then you can always change the power supply to 220V.

A desktop power supply is cheap stuff in HK.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast