Good hotels for weddings in hk

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good hotels for weddings in hk

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Hung Hom/hong kong island to hold a wedding? and preferably a brief descriptio of it!!
    any recommendations are much appreciated!!
    cathy

Been to weddings at the Conrad and Island Shangrila -- both were nice. One was a chinese style round table banquet and the other was a over the top lavish Indian thingy... (forget which was which)

You cant go wrong with either of those hotels..

great i'll check them out, thanx for ur help!

Wedding spots

Although it wasn't a hotel,
    I had mine at the HK convention centre at the Bauhinia room.
    The whole side of the wall is open to the water and at night it is very romantic. The food was excellent although I barely ate anything.
    I too was going to have my wedding at the conrad but, the ceilings were low and it felt a bit stuffy.
    The windows at the Bauhinia room were so beautiful at night and the high ceilings gave it a grand feel. It was the same price too.
    The entrance way is beautiful and long so you can fit many things in there and there is a changing room for the bride and stage.
    I really like the Conrad's stairwell though.
    Hope that helps!

The Verandah in Repulse Bay - book early to avoid disappointment. Blinding location and fantastic food. I had my wedding there last year - highly recommended. good for about 130 guests

ahhh thanx shabby and alya for ur recommendations..actually my sis has alredy picked one...mirama hotel..hav u herd of it?
    neway thanx for ur help....congrats on both ur weddings...hope ur both having wonderful married life!
    cathy

The SCMP had a huge front page spread on wednesday I think - talking up the new Disney hotel???

HK InterContinental Hotel

Hi,

Has anyone attended any weddings in the HK Inter Continental Hotel before? Wonder if it is nice... I think the hotel is located in TST.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Mish

HK Inter Continental Hotel is large , I remeber capable of 50 table seatings. Nice place, foods okay, I had better, decorations provided by HK Inter Continental Hotel is very standard.

The last wedding I was invited to was at Hotel Nikko TST. Very surprising wedding ,The couple had hired this wedding planner to create a fairy tale themed wedding, the newly weds didnt walk down the aisle like normal, they entered sitted in a pumpkin carriage and the effect turned out so beautiful very different from all the other weddings i have attened especially since i have been to hotel nikko before.

point is i suggest you find a wedding planner first, they can really help you out ,turn not so good places into great wedding , and they can suggest which place is best for what and hotel deals going on.

Thanks Kbokusan. Wow! That was quite an entrance!

I'm a Malaysian working in London. I have never attended any weddings in HK so I don't know exactly know what to expect. The guests at our HK wedding are mainly his friends and relatives. They might not even notice us when we made our entrance. They might be too busy playing mahjong.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast