Like Tree82Likes

Has the luggage definition in taxi's changed?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Agreed with Jared

We book a van to and from the airport and it's all fixed price.

No way of being over charged as you already know up front how much it's going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Hk Island taxis don't necessarily know all Kowloon areas and vice versa.
    ...and I thought they were all "red" taxis!!
    Poor me how will I be able to tell hk from kln taxis, from now on?!?
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    ...and I thought they were all "red" taxis!!
    Poor me how will I be able to tell hk from kln taxis, from now on?!?
    This is easy. Hong Kong eTransport - Taxi
    I usually plan ahead if I know I'd be taking a taxi x-br, and map out / walk over to one of those. The driver always protests at first, as he wouldn't believe a non-local understands what the stand is for - but I dismiss that politely and state clearly where I'm going. Never a problem after that

Quote Originally Posted by sv336:
    This is easy.
    ...sarcasm...

So today got into a taxi to airport express. Had one large suitcase which went in the boot, one small carry on size roller and one rucksack.

Get to airport express and the taxi driver insists on charging me HK$10 (i.e. for two bags). I said the small roller is small and shouldn't be charged, but he insists. I then told him, fine I would pay and I would need a receipt and I also told him I was taking a photo of his taxi licence number. He swiftly changed the price to HK$5 for the luggage on the basis I delete the photo.

Congrats! you managed to save 0,60 euros

Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien-F:
    Pin is careful with his money!
    Doesn't spend more than necessary! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    So today got into a taxi to airport express. Had one large suitcase which went in the boot, one small carry on size roller and one rucksack.

Get to airport express and the taxi driver insists on charging me HK$10 (i.e. for two bags). I said the small roller is small and shouldn't be charged, but he insists. I then told him, fine I would pay and I would need a receipt and I also told him I was taking a photo of his taxi licence number. He swiftly changed the price to HK$5 for the luggage on the basis I delete the photo.
    Well done. You reminded one taxi driver that there are rules and they should abide by them. Now... can we get the damn drivers to learn how to use the accelerator and brake?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien-F:
    Nobody stopping you from donating an extra HK$5 if you feel. Also feel free to pay additional for anything whenever you get charged more than what you are supposed to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Nobody stopping you from donating an extra HK$5 if you feel. Also feel free to pay additional for anything whenever you get charged more than what you are supposed to pay.
    If you took him all the way to the airport, like a normal person, not just to the AE - he wouldn't try scheming you off the HK$5 for the carry-on on your lap. You pissed him off.