Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By huja

Hardcore Geoexpat meetup

Closed Thread

Hardcore Geoexpat meetup

(Creating a new thread after going through 10 pages of date sorted search results and not finding anything relevant)

Keen to meet up in a group/in person with the hard core geoexpats who give so generously of their time and efforts over so many years to the community and help new migrants/expats. (yes, even you who have strong disagreements with each other online)

Not sure if there is some semi-regular meetup already happening, glad if you could direct me there in that case and delete/archive this post in that case.

In case some of you decide that this is indeed an interesting venture, Message Here and PM me with your details, will create a whatsapp group for the meetup.

Of course, I amaware that I would not qualify as a hardcore geoexpat on any reasonable scale, nevertheless, here goes nothing! :P

Coincidentally, that was Post no 77! has to be lucky! :P

I would rather you stay away from the whatsapp thing. I can understand the newbie thing... Lets go to GeoExpat to join a Facebook / whatsapp group ritual, but old timers too?

chingleutsch likes this.

@shri, Whichever is the preferred way here to coordinate a physical meetup, works fine for me... Not looking for a permanent whatsapp group, merely a temp group to coordinate.

Many newbie group meetups do surface regularly here, but I thought it might be interesting for some of the regular ones who make this forum thrive, to meet up (in case you are not already meeting). Can also join some existing group if you catch up occasionally.

Have gained quite a bit from this forum since I've come over, and would love to interact with some of the folk whose advice (even from years ago) is still helpful!

Having a physical meet up could go someway to restore some of the civility on the forums, or is that too naïve?

Quote Originally Posted by Apjace:
    @shri, Whichever is the preferred way here to coordinate a physical meetup, works fine for me... Not looking for a permanent whatsapp group, merely a temp group to coordinate.

Many newbie group meetups do surface regularly here, but I thought it might be interesting for some of the regular ones who make this forum thrive, to meet up (in case you are not already meeting). Can also join some existing group if you catch up occasionally.
    There is usually a drinks/BBQ meet once or twice a year, that is usually more than most can manage.

Have gained quite a bit from this forum since I've come over, and would love to interact with some of the folk whose advice (even from years ago) is still helpful!

Having a physical meet up could go someway to restore some of the civility on the forums, or is that too naïve?
    Be happy with the online interaction and help.

I'm so hardcore I have tl:dr tattooed on the fingers of my right hand and W.W.S.P. (What Would Shri Post) on the fingers of my left. I flash signs to indicate I roll with the Wan Chai Posse and my Octopus Card has been customized with a gold and diamond grill.

Apjace likes this.

[QUOTE=emx;3456883]There is usually a drinks/BBQ meet once or twice a year, that is usually more than most can manage.

Wasn't aware of that, exactly what I have was looking for.