Like Tree16Likes

Missing western home baking?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    If you can copy greggs steak bake you'd be coining it in.
    the breakfast melt and cornish pastie would also be great, greggs is probably uk's best low end, but taste good food product at the moment

@DirtyHarry Accredited I dont think they are, just normal people teaching cooking and earning a few bucks, while this one is more for the community:

Another private cooking class that teaches baking also and very cheap. Charges cooking material cost only in Sai Kung at his house. Very cool teacher.

Next saturday's cooking class (baking bread, tarts and crumpets with some extra veggie stuff). Anyone wanting to come along please let me know. 12-6 on Saturday - should be a good do. Cost is at cost (should be around 200 bucks) but any tips for the teacher are, of course, welcome.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/505390352989164/
    DirtyHairy and shri like this.

Sounds perfect to me. I miss the favorites you just can't find them in Hong Kong. A decent chocolate cake for example, it's all jello mousse, corn starch blancmange and dead inedible biscuit base.

Anyway yes Mum for the day would be great but even better would be home bakery store where you could pick up half a dozen fresh scones or that uber light, moist, mile high passion fruit sponge, or the zesty drizzle lemon thing, Victoria sponge, mini Battenburgs, Chelsea buns, light as air toasted giant english muffins......just a lovely very honest delicious homemade cake!!!

Maybe cake on order type thing? Delivery? Pick up? I dont want to wait for my maid to learn to bake (not possible anyway, I keep them out my kitchen at all costs) I wanna eat!

Ok thats it for reviving threads, any flak serves me right for not looking in here more often.