Like Tree14Likes

Trip to Sanya, Visa question

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Trip to Sanya, Visa question

Hi All

We hold dual nationality of Pakistan and the US.

Now planning a trip to Sanya and Mainland via costs 1000$+ for US passport holders (so 5000+ for 5 of us).
    and China visa is free from Pakistan passport

I am thinking of getting China Visa on my Pakistan passport. The problem is that HK Visa is on US passport.
    Now can I show my Pakistan passport when I enter Mainland(Sanya) and then use my US passport (with HK PR visa stamps) to exit?

I am getting nervous that it might create issues? has anybody done it?

We 2 have HK PR ID Cards but kids just have stamps on their US passport..

thanks a lot

Its a non issue.
    Carry both sets of passports and you will be fine.

Exit HK: will show US passport (no issues I hope)
    Enter Sanya: Show Pakistan passport. this doesn't have HK visa. the guy might question how we manage to enter HK?

Exit Sanya: How US passport, but this doesn't have China visa. The Guy might ask how did we enter PRC?

I hope mainland doesn't have issues with keeping 2 passports.
    have you done this before?

REALLY NOT SURE - but if you have legit dual citizenship (which Pakistan allows for US) then cant you ask immd to stamp the Pakistan passport with the same visa stamp?

Like I said, not sure.. but if you have a legit dual citizenship, I would assume that the visa would apply to both passports.

yeah I could get the HK visa stamps on Pakistan passport but its like 190$ again and would need a trip to immigration and lots of documents etc too

Sanya is overrated anyways ..

really? it is?

the hotels are much cheapr than similar 5 star hotels in Phuket, kota kinabalu

may be you recommend where shall we go with 10y, 5y and 1 y old kid for next weekend (3 day, 4 n)

kota kinabalu: ria sara costs 8000 for 4 days and also rooms aren't big for 3 kids and 2 parents
    Phuket: want good 5 star resort: angsana laguna: 7k for 4 days. flight is expensive unless we go by HK express which has horrible timings

any other recommendations for a beach holiday which is cheap too

Lots of places with visa free access for us citizens.

Factor in costsand visa hassles = overrated sanya

Quote Originally Posted by rs2000:
    Exit HK: will show US passport (no issues I hope)
    You show whichever one has the visa.
    Enter Sanya: Show Pakistan passport. this doesn't have HK visa. the guy might question how we manage to enter HK?
    Exit Sanya: How US passport, but this doesn't have China visa. The Guy might ask how did we enter PRC?
    Enter and exit Sanya with the Pakistani pport. If they ask (they have never asked) why it has no Hong Kong visa, then you tell them the visa is somewhere else. I enter China all the time with my Canadian passport. It has no visa in it and hasnt had it for more than a decade. If they ask, I will show them my HKID card. You can show them your US pport.
    I hope mainland doesn't have issues with keeping 2 passports.
    have you done this before?
    I hold 2 passports. My kids hold 3. Its a non issue.

BTW: I agree with Shri, Sanya is overrated big time. The crappy parts are crappy and the nice parts cost 5* prices. If I'm going to pay 5* prices, I may as well go to a 5* destinatination and that is not Sanya.

For family fun at reasonable price, head to BKK and then car down to HuaHin.
    Lots of resorts, lots of reasonable flights.

If you want a bit more adventure and something neat, then look at this place : Home - Coco Beach Island Resort | Puerto Galera

Quote Originally Posted by rs2000:
    really? it is?

the hotels are much cheapr than similar 5 star hotels in Phuket, kota kinabalu

may be you recommend where shall we go with 10y, 5y and 1 y old kid for next weekend (3 day, 4 n)

kota kinabalu: ria sara costs 8000 for 4 days and also rooms aren't big for 3 kids and 2 parents
    Phuket: want good 5 star resort: angsana laguna: 7k for 4 days. flight is expensive unless we go by HK express which has horrible timings

any other recommendations for a beach holiday which is cheap too
    Sanya is a middle of the market beach resort set up to almost exclusively cater to chinese Mainlanders, and will be full of the same. If all you want is a bed and the beach and don't care about the crowds or the rude behaviours of all the other guests (noise at night; grabbing all the food at buffets etc) then yes you will save money.

RE your visa question - I regularly used to use one passport to exit a country and another to enter. For example, as a UK-Aus duel passport holder, I would check into a UK flight in Australia using my UK passport. Then show my Australian passport to customs. Arrive UK, hand over UK passport. Leaving UK, check in with both passports (Aussie to show I could arrive in Australia, UK to explain why my Aussie passport had no stamp), put the Aussie passport away and use the UK one for exit immigration and the Aussie one only for arriving back to Australia.

Did it many times, never had any issues.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast