Like Tree49Likes

How much is public housing in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

How much is public housing in Hong Kong?

I know someone who heard it costs around 12,000 a month. However I know someone else who read it costs around 1,000-4,000.

Where can I find the exact figures?

Around 1-3k

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The Housing Authority website should have the rents, which obviously vary according to the estate.

This is a press release from September that gives the rent at two estates, averaging below $2,000 pm.
    Housing Authority sets rents for two new estates

shri likes this.

Out of curiosity, do public housing estates in Hong Kong have the same unsavoury reputation as in the UK?

Definitely not 12k. But those who later exceed the salary requirements need to pay an extra premium. It's peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Definitely not 12k. But those who later exceed the salary requirements need to pay an extra premium. It's peanuts.
    Is there any point at which they are no longer eligible to live in Housing Authority flats?

Often wondered if this is why our landlord refuses to put his address on the tenancy agreement, because I know he lives in a Housing Authority estate.

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    Out of curiosity, do public housing estates in Hong Kong have the same unsavoury reputation as in the UK?
    In uk estates, you will see burnt out cars, spent foil /needles and smashed Windows, do you see that in Hk? Is it dangerous like uk, no, is appealing, some older estate look a bit depressing

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    In uk estates, you will see burnt out cars, spent foil /needles and smashed Windows, do you see that in Hk? Is it dangerous like uk, no, is appealing, some older estate look a bit depressing
    You will find needles and foils on some estates along with graffiti but that's about it. People who live on those estates know which stairwells to avoid, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    Around 1-3k
    How do you know?

77% are below 2000.

So what about the remaining 23%?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast