Like Tree327Likes

Typhoon Haima - Now T8 (21/10)

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Looking all calm if hazy outside my office window - torture really when I see 280o of hiking trails and know that the weather will not allow me to go....in a few hours or so.

Latest rumour - T8 up at 8pm tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Latest rumour - T8 up at 8pm tonight.
    and a T10 to go up at 10?
    Fiona in HKG and Elegiaque like this.

Then I'd vote for a T12 at 12!

I think the voting here is rigged.

timonoj, Gatts, Mrs. Jones and 6 others like this.

Ok this Typhoon is a Hoax, there is NO typhoon at all LOL

In the meantime, the Hong Kong Observatory has issued a rare notice to the public not to believe “fictitious” weather information and forecasts spreading on internet forums or social media.
    The stern reminder came on Thursday after a string of messages went viral over mobile messaging network WhatsApp.
    Allegedly originating from a “ship company”, the messages claimed that there would be a No 9 signal at noon on Friday, with “70 per cent chance of a No 10 typhoon signal” at 2pm.
    The company allegedly received the information from the Observatory as part of an arrangement for ship operators and terminals.
    Observatory may issue strong wind signal No 3 as Haima edges closer to Hong Kong | South China Morning Post
    shri and Fiona in HKG like this.

Latest from Cathay:

Super Typhoon Haima impacting Hong Kong operations
    Latest update: 20 Oct 2016 12:30 HKT (GMT+8)

We are closely monitoring the impact of Super Typhoon Haima as it approaches Hong Kong. The typhoon is moving faster than previously forecasted and will cause significant disruptions for flights to/from Hong Kong from mid-morning of 21 October to the early morning of 22 October. The situation is subject to change.

Rebooking charges will be waived for all tickets issued worldwide (irrespective of fare type) on/before 19 October 2016 for travel with Cathay Pacific and Dragonair confirmed bookings involving Hong Kong between 21 October and 22 October 2016. Please see details in the special ticketing guidelines.

Should you need an urgent change to your booking, please call our Global Contact Centres, though note that we’re experiencing a higher than usual call volume.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

A friend has a colleague whose husband works...er ... "in government" who said that the T8 wouldn't be up tonight. So not direct from the horse's mouth, but more like the horse's vet's neighbour's cousin.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Can anyone tell me what local radio station to listen to for cancellation announcements? Daughter is supposed to have her practical piano exam tomorrow at 3pm. HK Exams authority says to listen to local TV or radio 2 hours before, but I don't have local TV stations and I only listen to BBC World service when I'm in the car.

They aren't clear that a T8 would result in cancellation, so it's going to be stress all day as to whether it's on or not.

So heard a typhoon on the way eh...

J/K, for us work won't be affected, we will be working anyway from home, Friday-Sunday.
    Upset I will miss out on tennis tonight. The weather has not been conducive to my Thursday tennis nights in last few weeks...

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast