Like Tree327Likes

Typhoon Haima - Now T8 (21/10)

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Meanwhile at least eight dead and many thousands homeless here.
    I was discussing this tonight over dinner with my husband on how this will affect the Philippines . Sad to hear. So far , only REALLY stinking hot weather ( from living in Queensland, know this from before a severe storm or cyclone hit, which was often) and haze.

T3 is up, not a breath of wind here.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    T3 is up, not a breath of wind here.
    Same here, just hot, hot heat. Stifling heat. One line for that is is may hit hard. or bypass.

I'll be working tomorrow and probably weekend, typhoon or not. Where the good old days of 2008-09 gone when we'd get drunk till 4......

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I was discussing this tonight over dinner with my husband on how this will affect the Philippines . Sad to hear. So far , only REALLY stinking hot weather ( from living in Queensland, know this from before a severe storm or cyclone hit, which was often) and haze.
    They learnt from the last super typhoon and carried out compulsory evacuations. Unfortunately in 300kmph winds and torrential rain there are bound to be casualties.
    DrWho likes this.

...depending on the intensity and movement of Haima and the wind conditions over Hong Kong, the Observatory will consider issuing the No. 8 Gale or Storm Signal tomorrow morning.
    I don't know if this means T8 goes up either in the morning, depending on conditions, or not at all, or in the afternoon instead when this bad-ass mo-fo of a storm makes landfall.

Meanwhile at least eight dead and many thousands homeless here.
    Sick. Using my post to say that. Sick.
    ten years I post here. Ten years I bring up the issues it can be for ppl in NT or poorer countries. Sick.
    kimwy66, Char Siu King and DrWho like this.

They learnt from the last super typhoon and carried out compulsory evacuations. Unfortunately in 300kmph winds and torrential rain there are bound to be casualties.
    I know, understand, yet given those conditions, 300kmph is extremely severe.

Was calm before, with stifling heat, now a breeze from the SE. Wa just up on our rooftop stacking the furniture into the corner. Waiting for the action to begin. If anything we fear here, but people don't really realise is the possibility of a landslide.

Civilization 6 will become unlocked on Steam 00:00 HK time. I know what I will do with my day off.

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast