Like Tree327Likes

Typhoon Haima - Now T8 (21/10)

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Now I have to listen for hours to hubby moaning about his staff considering it a holiday instead of working from home.

Music exams cancelled for morning session only thus far, so it'll also be a morning of listening to scales.

Dog will be howling because he's a 36 kg wuss scared of rain.

I'll be sticking my noise cancelling headphones on and playing Civ 6.

Quote Originally Posted by AGxM:
    "Working from home".....aka watching Westworld (film) and then Futureworld....for starters
    Great minds...I downloaded both to watch today too...out of curiosity, where did you get them...I tried really hard to buy them both...really...but in the end...

Just captured this from HKO...

This is the radar image showing the north west quadrant of #HAIMA...

The yellow band is the eye-wall...now look at the track...tell me that eye-wall isn't headed directly over the territory...if that happens we will experience gales generally throughout Hong Kong...if you haven't secured your stuff properly, do it now...

I could be wrong, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    Great minds...I downloaded both to watch today too...out of curiosity, where did you get them...I tried really hard to buy them both...really...but in the end...
    Got a Kodi box....
    DirtyHairy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Now I have to listen for hours to hubby moaning about his staff considering it a holiday instead of working from home.

Music exams cancelled for morning session only thus far, so it'll also be a morning of listening to scales.

Dog will be howling because he's a 36 kg wuss scared of rain.

I'll be sticking my noise cancelling headphones on and playing Civ 6.
    Ha ha, my husband just took our dog out for a long walk, and refused to take him home until dog had done a big smelly sausage. Didn't hear much wind last night, then again, our house is pretty sheltered. Today i'll be doing some sorting out of stuff and looking at accomodation.
    kimwy66 and shri like this.

Winds are getting stronger...gusts have doubled from 15kmh to 30kmh in my garden...pretty much sustained at 20kmh...993hpa...just saw my neighbour head out for a run...

Wind definitely strengthening. Just had our first casualty on the roof with a large plant going over breaking the heavy pot it was in. While we were up on the roof surveying the damage a big passenger plane flew over heading North East, so airport must still be open. Wouldn't get me flying today.

And every now and then they land one of those in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    And every now and then they land one of those in the water.
    With a folding stool set up in the cockpit for one of the pilot's rellies, IIRC - or was that another water landing I'm remembering?

Taller branches sometimes moving here. I reckon the MoD and Gurkhas found the most sheltered bivvy spot in town for Perowne.

Today I'll be strolling on the beach, swimming in the sea and relaxing by the pool this afternoon. Probably do a spot of star gazing this evening with my eldest.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast