Like Tree327Likes

Typhoon Haima - Now T8 (21/10)

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    And now the dog got over excited by rain being wet and pooped on the stairs.

Where do I get disposable poop pads from @Natfixit
    I get mine either from Dear Dogs And Cats on Bonham Rd, off Caine Rd Mid levels West. Or I use these TENA bed pads from Wellcome stores. Buy mine in Mui
    Wo. Also Pet Line but these are crap and small. Still , the staff upon showing them a cute pic of our beagle gave me a toy for free. Dog loved it until it was eaten during a stay at the kennel while we were in Singapore. Took dog for walkies this evening but once home, produces a sausage. He hates going in the rain. Well, tough dog biccies because where we are moving to, there will be a lot of rain!
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    My favourite kind of T8. Low damage/injuries, but still a day off.
    Yep, wondered what the fuss was about? Was hoping for some real action ( hubby raises eyebrows when i mention this) . No trees on the road, lucky no landslides as we have had a few out where we live, and no roof blown off. ( still remember gum tree falling through ours back in 85.)

Original Post Deleted
    Depends on your insurance. Check your policy. Mine covers me.
    Skyhook and chuckster007 like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Crap Insurance you have there jrkob

All my cars in the past have had valid insurance during typhoons, I used Kwiksure

https://kwiksure.com/blog/typhoon/
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    @shri you can go fill up on beagles now!
    Sure, Sniffy would like that!

Original Post Deleted
    And one more for those bitching about those who bitch about missed flights.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Yet the whole of Hong Kong shuts down. I've often said there should be more discretion in these matters - other 'first world' cities don't shut down when they get hit by typhoons.

Yes, but these are Hong Kong people we're talking about. They grow sulky when they are not babied. Remember the cold snap in January, people were complaining about schools not being shut to shelter precious little crystal snowflakes (ignore the pun) because they would get sick since the schools have no central heating. They're all weak.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    Here we go. Guys, there were gales blowing in several parts of Hong Kong today...I would guess something like 5 million people were kept indoors today...I wonder how many deaths there might have been if there was no T8 signal.

In the U.K. when it snowed, there were times folks couldn't get into work...this was accepted even though there were no warnings...would you trust HK employers to have the same respect for their workers?
    My classmates and I managed to get up when it was snowing like a bitch and make it into university for 9:30am. A large amount of my classmates had to get in from outside London. We all sat in freezing lecture halls and classrooms. We all survived.

I wonder how many Hong Kong people can boast of such resilience. Oh, none. They even complained during the cold snap that the schools should all have been shut down to prevent their precious progeny from wasting away.

Get over yourselves.
    TheBrit likes this.

There are two types of people during a typhoon. The ones who enjoy it as a well-deserved break from the hectic working schedules in HK and the ones who make it their duty to make everyone feel bad for enjoying it.

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    There are two types of people during a typhoon. The ones who enjoy it as a well-deserved break from the hectic working schedules in HK and the ones who make it their duty to make everyone feel bad for enjoying it.

Hope everyone had a good holiday!
    And those who live somewhere that might actually be badly affected and would care about the reality of the typhoon unlike those blithely unaware such people even exist.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast