Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By ren32
  • 2 Post By ren32

Inside Hong Kong's only English-speaking care home

Inside Hong Kong's only English-speaking care home

Inside Hong Kong’s only English-speaking care home – a far cry from government-run facilities for the elderly | South China Morning Post

A report by the Consumer Council in 2015 found the monthly fees at 85 private homes ranged significantly – from HK$4,500 to HK$21,000
    Not sure I follow the end part with the "Three luxury alternatives for the elderly" options as the monthly cost at China Coast Community wasn't really provided for a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy
    Not sure I follow the end part with the "Three luxury alternatives for the elderly" options as the monthly cost at China Coast Community wasn't really provided for a comparison.
    I'd say the hint is in the following quote, but then the number doesn't really fit into the given "HK$4,500 to HK$21,000" bracket...

Life at China Coast, with its high standards of care, costs significantly more than in a government-run care home. Ten heavily subsidised beds are reserved for people receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance, but the home has to make up the shortfall, about HK$500,000, through donations.
    10 beds, loss of $500,000 = $50,000 per bed. Per month? If it's per year it would be $4166 per bed.

@100LL - On their website they ask that you contact them and the pricing varies depending on your financial situation. When I read that article, I thought the $500K loss was annual.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Mat

Looks like a decent place to finish ones' life. Really not much more you can ask for and many more should be provided.

Yes it is a lovely place. I have been an "Outside Member " for about 15 years. I can go on many of the trips and it is always fun. The staff are the best you could meet.
    The House is lovely, clean and bright and welcoming. I love going there.
    CCC's biggest fan!

shri and DirtyHairy like this.

My favourite charity for the last couple of years. It's a great service, it's needed, it's local...I plan to visit soon.

I move in shortly so will report back in a while.

drumbrake and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ren32
    I move in shortly so will report back in a while.
    Best wishes!
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

That's so kind Thankyou.