Like Tree78Likes

Supermoon - November 14, 2016

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Only about 13% bigger but 30% brighter
    Yes for me it was the brightness, beautiful

If your photos turned out bad ... you're not alone.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...igee-full-moon

imparanoic likes this.

Another one from Dog's Tooth although ever so slightly manipulated ;-)

Natfixit, shri and Tom007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Another one from Dog's Tooth although ever so slightly manipulated ;-)
    Must admit your Photoshopping skills are admirable!

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    If your photos turned out bad ... you're not alone.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...igee-full-moon
    True, too true. I took pics on my old iPhone and posted on FB along with my friends who took similar pics of the super moon, which all turned out the same way and suddenly I get this repetitive feed on my FB page of a blurry white dot against a black background....

The West Dog tooth ridge was a great option, and I was planning to scoot up to Lantau Peak but didn't have time ( up early for a flight to Xian this morning) . However, the view from my rooftop was stellar. Just the image my iPhone camera churned out was not so.

Waste of time attempting to take a photo on your phone. Mainly from your lens, shaking hand and not being able to set the time of exposure.
    Nat, the photos was all taken by me last night but the yoga lady was a while before as she was in the China bear that night.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    True, too true. I took pics on my old iPhone and posted on FB along with my friends who took similar pics of the super moon, which all turned out the same way and suddenly I get this repetitive feed on my FB page of a blurry white dot against a black background....

The West Dog tooth ridge was a great option, and I was planning to scoot up to Lantau Peak but didn't have time ( up early for a flight to Xian this morning) . However, the view from my rooftop was stellar. Just the image my iPhone camera churned out was not so.
    You could have done better by just opening up microsoft word, setting the background to black and centering a 62pt Helvetica (For added style and flare!) dot ....
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    My first 2 photos where not photoshoped at all. The moon was shot using a 75-300 lens whilst the second shot was obviously done by a regular phone. The one with the silhouette was also shot using the same lens but obviously the figure was added later.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    You could have done better by just opening up microsoft word, setting the background to black and centering a 62pt Helvetica (For added style and flare!) dot ....
    Ha ha Trance, my comments were tongue in cheek ,as they usually are but indistinguishable on social media....

Maybe I should have tried Cwbguy's method.....
    Cwbguy likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4