Like Tree35Likes

Does Hong Kong make you lazy/lazier ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bargfeldstegen:
    Agree on the online shopping misery. It's basically non-existent here or extremely slow. Need to go out for every single item, e.g. to get a new USB cable. Very, very annoying!
    It's painful when one needs some unexpected item urgently.

For the less urgent stuff, I just keep a list and try to get as much from Amazon as I can. Once I reach some psychological threshold where shipping charges have become less than x% of the total items cost, I hit the buy button.

I run on average 100km a week and do other kind of sports, I have a kid (which always makes you work, at least mine), I work and I get lunch around my office by walking. I cook Sunday nights etc etc.

Not lazy - except the time I spend on geoexpat.

civil_servant and rickyross like this.

I come from a country that you can drive door to door with practically no need for walking (of course if you want to hit the high streets then walk you may). But say i am just after a quick stop shop i just pop into our local tesco and get everything from dinner, birthday supplies to a USB cable and be finished in less than 30mins. How i miss those days.....
    Compared to hk.... i find i have to walk and walk and walk further just to find some basic stuff. Definitely feel i'm getting my exercise here

Last edited by cathy789; 08-11-2016 at 03:40 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by cathy789:
    I come from a country that you can drive door to door with practically no need for walking (of course if you want to hit the high streets then walk you may). But say i am just after a quick stop shop i just pop into our local tesco and get everything from dinner, birthday supplies to a USB cable and be finished in less than 30mins. How i miss those days.....
    Compared to hk.... i find i have to walk and walk and walk further just to find some basic stuff. Definitely feel i'm getting my exercise here
    yep have to agree there, shopping in London, is quite a pleasant experience. The price of fresh ' nutritious ' food was also a stand out, about on par with France and Australia, making Hong Kong look pretty bloody expensive for Milk, meat, bread, fruit and veg etc. ie the basic staples...

Lazier?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    same here, I used to walk a lot more around, now I just take the cab. Same with cooking food, I stopped cooking food, it is just a hassle to do these things when it's almost cheaper to eat out!
    And if you attempt to exercise outside the mall
    you soon find that breathing the PM 2.5 air is
    worse than not exercising. Sloth is your friend.
    z754103 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    I wish I could fit 40 people in my home.
    I wish I could fit 4 ...
    emx likes this.

^ Oi, you cheeky bugger.

Because the streets, malls, parks are all crowded and the air is bad. You simply don't want to go outside.

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpaochicken:
    Because the streets, malls, parks are all crowded and the air is bad. You simply don't want to go outside.
    That is the reality of it unfortunately.