Like Tree176Likes

Hiring My Filipina Girlfriend as my DH

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Hiring My Filipina Girlfriend as my DH

Hello Everyone!

I've been dating a Filipina girl past few months who is working as a domestic helper in HK. Recently our relationship has moved up quite a few notches, but her relation with her current employer (work wise ofc ) is turning quite sour. So a best solution we have come up with is her moving in with me, so I'm thinking of hiring her as my DH.

The questions that I have are -

- I'm here on a working visa with DH-Hire-able salary. Am I eligible to hire a DH?
    - If she breaks her current contract, can she stay back in HK for 14 days until hired by "next employer", or does she have to leave next day following termination?
    - If she can stay for 14 days, can I process her DH visa in that period?
    - Does she have to leave HK and come back to get the new DH visa in effect?
    - Is it mandatory for her to process her new visa through her existing agency, or can she change the agency and process the new visa through there? (we prefer to have it done that way)

Highly appreciate all your kind help and any additional advise (no judgement please). BTW I've seen similar questions being answered in the past, but it was almost 7-8 years ago. I'm just concerned if there are any changes to any rules now.

Cheers!

No change in rules.
    All the judgements applied in the previous thread apply here.

Claire ex-ax likes this.

why don't u ask yrself one question more. will she one day sue u sexual harassment as an employer? when u guys turn yr backs to each other.

then u may have so much explanation to do for the court n immigration dept.

/

Last edited by Pidaras; 30-11-2016 at 04:40 AM.
    periphery831 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidaras:
    why don't u ask yrself one question more. will she one day sue u sexual harassment as an employer? when u guys turn yr backs to each other.

then u may have so much explanation to do for the court n immigration dept.
    /
    Totally agree.
    Or to make it simple, don't sh*t where you eat.
    civil_servant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysallas:
    Totally agree.
    Or to make it simple, don't sh*t where you eat.
    兔子不吃窩邊草。

I hope you are thinking long and hard as if you want to go to the next step of marriage, they will look at your case very closely with a visa change from your FDH to your wife.

Sorry to see your marriage didn't work out, Hong Kong does take a toll on such things.

kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    I hope you are thinking long and hard as if you want to go to the next step of marriage, they will look at your case very closely with a visa change from your FDH to your wife.

Sorry to see your marriage didn't work out, Hong Kong does take a toll on such things.
    I've gone through this and didn't have any problem with it. They will still ask the same documents, the change in visa was pretty smooth, though a lot of dumb documents to provide!

"her relation with her current employer is turning quite sour."
    Funny the timing on that ?

My advise?
    Slow down. What's the rush?
    And use condoms FFS

Fiona in HKG, kimwy66, emx and 6 others like this.

In terms of logistics, if she breaks her contract with her current employer she will have to return home to Phils and be reprocessed for return to HK using an agency.

If you want my advice - let her finish her current contract as frankly the timing of her no longer wanting to work for her current employer is pretty, shall we say, convenient. If at the end of the contract you're still serious about her, then you can either A) process her as a finished contract DH so she doesn't have to leave HK or B) marry her and have a proper relationship.

Personally I don't know how things work when the boyfriend is legally the employer of the girlfriend. It seems there's a bad power dynamic there.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    I've gone through this and didn't have any problem with it. They will still ask the same documents, the change in visa was pretty smooth, though a lot of dumb documents to provide!
    My mate did it as well, very straight forward and got the dependant visa for his wife in less than a month as he bombarded them with documents and pictures of relationship, also the wife having a certificate of pregnancy also probably helped LOL
    lbear40 and TheBrit like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast