Like Tree1Likes

How to fax UK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to fax UK

Hi

Can anyone advise me of the prefixes to use to send a fax to UK?

Thanks

+44

Hi no it seems to require more than this. From searching online i think I need an exit code then international dialling code for uk which is +44. The problem is apparantly HK has a number of exit codes. Anyone ever faxed to UK from HK? Which codes did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by HKtostay:
    Hi no it seems to require more than this. From searching online i think I need an exit code then international dialling code for uk which is +44. The problem is apparantly HK has a number of exit codes. Anyone ever faxed to UK from HK? Which codes did you use?
    How come you can't just scan your fax, save it as PDF and then send it ?
    All this can be done in 10 minutes at public libraries with a computer Center
    Last edited by shri; 16-01-2017 at 11:07 AM.

In my office the international access code seems to be 001

Do you need to swear? I am required to fax a document as part of a complaint and they do not accept email docs. Not that I needed to explain to you. Now move along.

TheBrit likes this.

There's no exit code

It's +44 and the fax number, It's no different to dialling overseas using IDD.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    There's no exit code

You've not used an old fashioned phone in HK in a long time!?!?

+44 - thats what you dial on a mobile phone and the + usually gets converted to whatever your IDD/International code is - 001 by default in HK, unless you have some default route setup by the provider.

On a regular phone number the number should be prefixed with 001 (or 1511(zone 1511) or whatever, if you're subscribed to a long distance phone / fax plan).

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    There's no exit code

Are you 100% sure? I have tried that but doesnt seem to work. These things never seemed to do with me!

So am I right in thnking Shri that it should be 00144(drop the zero)*******?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast