Like Tree20Likes

The new part-time domestic helper stole money - what to do?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Can you clarify this?

"I can't go to the police as she was not employed by me yet."

What you say later seems to contradict this.

I don't think the consulate cares and / or investigates these issues. I'd be surprised if they had a process or a protocol to handle this. Cannot imagine them having systems or even a filing system to record "so and so was accused of robbery by some random employer who we cannot prove she worked for".

Would be far to easy for employers / jealous friends etc to report made up shit to them. We've seen instances of jealous friends / annoyed neighbours make up all sorts of stories and randomly report to various agencies.

z754103 likes this.

MM, I believe the stores must prove. And for Insurance one should prove. A private person, reporting to the police does not have to prove. Am I wrong?

Indeed, Clair. As mentioned, I tried a number since my ex-helper left. For a couple of weeks. Of course the were paid! I have a sms discussion with her about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Police would be the proper venue. But Shri wouldn't they require some proof?
    What proof? When you report a robbery / pick pocketing they don't ask you for proof that you had $5000 in the wallet that you claimed you was on you or if you were indeed robbed.

They take the report and then decide if it is worth investigating or not.

By the way, I hope you took a photo of her id card when you hired her for the part time.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Did you see/take note of her references?

Do you know who her employer is?

I am sure the Consulate would do nothing. Their primary concern is to look after their citizens ( deaths, imprisoned, overstayers, etc). If the case was more serious and/or there was a conviction then they might consider blacklisting but in this case I am sure it would go straight in the bin.

Shri, no... A good idea for the future...
    I know its sounds stupid. But I when I lived in japan recently, one could trust everybody somehow. I learn.

I will meet her other employed now, actually. Just wanted to make up my mind what to do.