Like Tree196Likes

Moslem families - storing up trouble for the future?

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12

Quote Originally Posted by bargfeldstegen:
    No point was made. You are talking about fashion - covering your hair or face is a religious requirement for many muslim women. If they don't follow, they could face severe punishments. And it is very obvious that more and more muslim women are covered, compared to maybe 20 years ago. Just look at photos from Afghanistan or Iran in the 1970s!
    No. It's not. It's basically fashion driven by cultural norms. Not religion. Head covering is closer to religion, veils and full covering not at all. But many Catholic women cover their heads too.. Especially in church, so head covering is not just Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    No. It's not. It's basically fashion driven by cultural norms. Not religion. Head covering is closer to religion, veils and full covering not at all. But many Catholic women cover their heads too.. Especially in church, so head covering is not just Muslim.
    Doesn't the Jewish faith also require heads covered? I used to live on Robinson Road and see them walking to the synagogue. The women always had their heads covered - hats or scarves.
    Scorpio01 likes this.

What's the religion that forces it's young members to wear cheap plastic name badges and travel the world recruiting other people?

For people who are really just after your money they are very polite

Scorpio01 and DirtyHairy like this.

The first one I remember. It was a day or so after the Davao bombing in which forteeen died and the city was on red alert. The Mayor was very apologetic for making the request, something like "my sincere apologies for asking this and no offence to your religion". The President (the Mayor's father) announced the next Monday would be a national holiday in recognition of a Muslim celebration.

The second one I have not heard of (not many Muslim teachers in our daughters' Catholic schools). Seems a big difference between not wearing a full face veil when teaching and wearing a burkah in the street or a burkini on the beach.
    DirtyHairy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The first one I remember. It was a day or so after the Davao bombing in which forteeen died and the city was on red alert. The Mayor was very apologetic for making the request, something like "my sincere apologies for asking this and no offence to your religion". The President (the Mayor's father) announced the next Monday would be a national holiday in recognition of a Muslim celebration.

The second one I have not heard of (not many Muslim teachers in our daughters' Catholic schools). Seems a big difference between not wearing a full face veil when teaching and wearing a burkah in the street or a burkini on the beach.
    and etc...I Googled something like 'burkah Phillipines'...these we're the first two hits...tbh, this thread has lost any coherency now...we've got people claiming the full burka is a bloody fashion item now... when it's even banned in most Muslim countries...views are too entrenched...
    bargfeldstegen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    we've got people claiming the full burka is a bloody fashion item now
    Really? Who claimed that?
    Which post # ?

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12