Like Tree54Likes

Would you be willing to share/split your domestic helper for a part-time outside?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Onehappycloud:
    I prefer someone from Philippines. It's my choice.
    Thanks for suggestion.
    Ask contract cleaning companies like Merry Maids or sparkle maids, I think they're called and see if they have any folks from the Philippines on their books. I wouldn't hold my breath though, as this city is 95% Chinese re local homogeneous population.

Hiring somebody else's helper on a restricted W hkid visa could land you a hefty 6 figure fine, an upto 9 month jail term and a cancellation of any conditional visa you may be on, deportation. plus your passport info black flagged from entering Hong Kong for 3 years.

That's the worst case scenario of course, but HK immigration are pretty slack at following this sort of breach up. It's usually somebody that knows you that will lag you into the authorities, most ' smart' people wouldn't expose themselves to such a career ending risk.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 12-02-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    Creative83, spode and z754103 like this.

Why is it illegal? It's an agreement between two private ppl.
    How have you not understood this simple point? You can not employ a foreign domestic helper part-time. End of. This has been explained to you over three threads now, and you still persist in asking why it isn't legal. BECAUSE IT IS THE LAW.

The set up you propose in this thread is not only illegal, it is exploitation. By setting up an agreement between you and the helper's employer, you are effectively using slave labour, because the helper will get extra duties and most likely no extra money as it will be pocketed by the employer.

Either find the person with a dependent visa or PR whose nationality your prejudiced mentality thinks will work the hardest for the least money, or use a local cleaning agency.

Simple - at least it is for most people.
    Skyhook, jrkob, DirtyHairy and 2 others like this.

Plenty of Philipino maids have PR in Hong Kong...why not try the maid Facebook sites?

I agree with Kimwy66...please ensure you pay the helper...not the employer. As for them not wanting you to contact their current employer, would you?? It's none of their business...

If I was going for a part time teaching job...actually...I'm understanding the other's points now...you just don't get it!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HKDomesticHelperJobs/

kimwy66 likes this.

Why is it illegal? It's an agreement between two private ppl.
    i missed the earlier threads, i believe. so i'm not going to make any claims about the morality of your quest to hire a philipino person part time. i will say that the laws concerning helpers here don't always make a lot of sense, or even any at all.

Thanks Bob,
    Only three ppl actually gave a decent reply and suggestions...This is such a hostile forum. The tone and the content of responses indicates that it is full of angry, frustrated, insulting ppl. I bet ppl are brave when it's anonimous (talking of morality). Try to talk to your colleagues, customers, friends this way...
    Am out of here. Leave you all to cook here in all of the mentioned above. Good luck.

Pidaras likes this.

Thanks Bob,
    Only three ppl actually gave a decent reply and suggestions...This is such a hostile forum. The tone and the content of responses indicates that it is full of angry, frustrated, insulting ppl. I bet ppl are brave when it's anonimous (talking of morality). Try to talk to your colleagues, customers, friends this way...
    Am out of here. Leave you all to cook here in all of the mentioned above. Good luck.
    The quality of your initial post will often determine the quality of the replies here. Especially if you repeatedly ask the same question hoping for different answers. Ask a stupid question.......

Thanks Bob,
    You'd be surprised ! lol

Most people on here are just as blunt in real life as they are on this forum.

If you're from a western country, it shouldn't be of any surprise, to be honest.
    Creative83 and Cwbguy like this.

The law states that people on an FDH visa may only work for the person that sponsors the visa and must also live with them. It's just a rule but it is the law. Hiring illegal workers is bad, lots of fines and other stuff per the post above. It's not worth it. The helpers themselves get jealous and into petty squabbles and dob each other in to immigration and you get caught in the crossfire. That's what everyone is trying to warn you about, albeit no very clearly. The local companies are mainly staffed by locals and are a little more expensive. Sometimes you get lucky and find a helper on a dependent visa who still wants to work part time but it's rare. I think the hostility you face here is because after being told repeatedly it was illegal you then came on here looking for another person to help you do something illegal, which is a tad immoral imho. If you are going to do something illegal don't make other people or the owner of thus forum complicit.

jmbf, jrkob, jimbo and 2 others like this.

Thanks Bob,
    If my friend does something moronic, I have no issue calling them a moron. If I do something moronic, I have no issue with my friend calling me a moron. I know some people who have been caught illegally hiring someone and have ended up paying a 6-figure some. I'm sure in hindsight, they thought they were morons and probably wished people had called them out before.

I think you're exploiting your anonymous profile on this forum. Would you go out in public or your workplace asking around whether anyone would share their helper?
    jimbo, jmbf, jrkob and 1 others like this.

Pet Peeve & Pedant time :

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    Plenty of Philipino maids....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw:
    ...hire a philipino person...
    Please don't butcher the language nor the people.

The country is called : Philippines
    The people are called : Filipinos (and Filipinas) or Pinoy (and Pinay)
    The language of the Filipino People : Tagalog