Like Tree4Likes

Soundproofing works needed

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    That's why we are looking for a company that can install a new door + frame.
    Check with your management company first.
    You might not be allowed to make any changes to the existing door.

Our neighbours think it is compulsory to talk loudly in the echo-ey hallway when entering and exiting their flat (or maybe only compulsory when living next to foreigners ;P ). We greatly improved the soundproofing of our door by installing a curtain track above and fitting a heavy, lined curtain with velcro down the sides to close off gaps. We reduced gaps with foam tape, and I made a door snake to go across the bottom. Also helps with air con efficiency.

Cwbguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Our neighbours think it is compulsory to talk loudly in the echo-ey hallway when entering and exiting their flat (or maybe only compulsory when living next to foreigners ;P ). We greatly improved the soundproofing of our door by installing a curtain track above and fitting a heavy, lined curtain with velcro down the sides to close off gaps. We reduced gaps with foam tape, and I made a door snake to go across the bottom. Also helps with air con efficiency.
    Glad to hear it's not just us!

Our neighbours think it's perfectly acceptable at any time of day or night to do the long goodbye in the lift lobby at full volume.

Only after I have given them the gweilo death stare do they quieten down.
    kimwy66 likes this.

I corrected your typo....

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    It would be nice if HK gov updated the building codes to make noise a key consideration. Unfortunately no real innovation or direction in improving building quality since 1886... Poor governance

how old are the kids? just saying that it could be temporary or the type of noise could change considerably over time (ie from crying, to scootering across the floor, to playing football indoors, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Check with your management company first.
    You might not be allowed to make any changes to the existing door.
    You can make a door much better at keeping sound out by improving the sealing. Most doors have big gaps at the bottom....

The company below will sell to consumers the industrial grade additions to doors needed to make them better at sound proofing.

R&R Fire Material - 專業 隔音 防煙 防火