Changing HK motorbike licence to UK Licence?

Closed Thread

Changing HK motorbike licence to UK Licence?

I know that if you have a full motorbike licence from the UK then you can get a hong kong licence, but what about the other way round? I'm thinking of doing my motorbike licence and would like it to be useful for if and when I ever do leave. Thanks

I think most coutries have a reciprocal agreement on licences, but you'd have to check with the UK what licences they accept. I'm pretty sure my mate who got his full bike licence thru HKSM got it transferred to Oz with no hassles at all, but you'd have to check locally. Do a google?

try this

Exchanging your foreign driving licence : Directgov - Motoring

List of Designated Countries: Australia, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Hong Kong, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland and Zimbabwe.

If it is the same as the car licence (which I would expect it is) then yes you can change it, need to send off your HK licence along with the relevent form, photo and a cheque for 50quid and a couple of weeks later you should receive the UK licence

Do you get the HK Licence back in that case (in HK you get to keep your UK licence, which can be handy at times).

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Do you get the HK Licence back in that case (in HK you get to keep your UK licence, which can be handy at times).
    Not sure, i've just sent mine off as likely to return to the UK sooner rather than later, would imagine that it will be returned...will have to wait and see!