Like Tree15Likes

Signature on Passport - Need help fast!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Signature on Passport - Need help fast!!

Sorry guys I don't know where to post this but I need help fast!!

I recently got my British passport renewed and it is required that you sign your passport. So Basically I signed my passport but I signed it in the the wrong place. Instead of above the line, I signed it below which I know is a stupid mistake. So What is the correct thing to do? Neatly cross it out and write above the line or just leave it? Does your signature even be checked?

I'd leave it.

https://www.gov.bm/sites/default/fil...Receipt-QA.pdf

The above link from bermuda, but still be valid for your case. It says passport be still be valid until expiry, but cant rule out delays due to questioning by border official's...

Never write over or cross it . Passport will be void. Need apply replacement.

So I should leave it but expect questioning? I can't apply for a replacement because I will need to use it in a few days.

Last edited by Hinnaxo; 08-04-2017 at 11:10 PM.

I can't really think a signature is something most Border officials care about. I would leave it, try using it and if you get any push back then consider paying for a new one. If it is accepted readily then don't bother.

The photo is far more important than the signature I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinnaxo:
    So I should leave it but expect questioning? I can't apply for a replacement because I will need to use it in a few days.
    Either you can leave it as such or apply for replacement. There are only 2 choices.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    I can't really think a signature is something most Border officials care about.

The photo is far more important than the signature I believe.
    Thats what I also thought. I hope they dont stop me just because of my signature. By the way would it affect me when I come back to England? It shouldn't right as they can already see that I have a British passport?

I had no idea they got rid of the digital signatures.
    https://abta.com/news-and-views/news...n-uk-passports

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinnaxo:
    Thats what I also thought. I hope they dont stop me just because of my signature. By the way would it affect me when I come back to England? It shouldn't right as they can already see that I have a British passport?
    Heres what you need to do:

1. Take a deep breath
    2. Relax

I used to travel on an unsigned passport. They don't really check. One day someone said something, I think it was a bank during account opening and I just wrote the first letter of my name. Guess I didn't want my signature out there everywhere.

Drunken Master and Hinnaxo like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast