Like Tree6Likes

"Hong Kong" thank you gifts that’s small & easy to pick up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think a thank you card will suffice.

Still, if you come from Switzerland, you can send chocolate. If you come from the Neatherlands, you can send the Dutch caramel waffles.... But when you come from HK? Bahhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I think a thank you card will suffice.

Still, if you come from Switzerland, you can send chocolate. If you come from the Neatherlands, you can send the Dutch caramel waffles.... But when you come from HK? Bahhh!
    Neither of those would work for NZ. Chocolates would get through eventually, I think the waffles would get confiscated. Both would get delayed in customs.

And there are plenty of similar things you could send. (all those dried fish stuff etc). But who on earth would want to! That's the problem. Not that HK does not have "stuff" - it does - it just only appeals to Chinese people!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Not that HK does not have "stuff" - it does - it just only appeals to Chinese people!
    Exactly, and for sure it wouldn't appeal to retired people living in rural NZ.

I will never be able to look at Chinese food and sense how it could feel like home comfort food, like it does for billions of people.

For foodstuff, OK not to locations with strict custom rules, nothing beats dragons' beard candy....everyone I've ever gifted with it has loved it

I suggest HK/Chinese themed coasters or placements. Available at G.O.D.

jonastainine likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2