Like Tree17Likes

Dangerous sport

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dangerous sport

Very sad, be careful if you play this sport next time.

Happened in Puket, Kata Beach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=1aFqj7nhGbs

Why's that "very sad"?

Because that guy is dead?

Thailand is a dangerous place full of idiots running things they should not be running. What a tragedy.

Yes the gentleman passed away. So unnecessary and in my view typical of the kind of operation that is allowed to run in Thailand, in particular Phuket. Phuket has become a total shithole. It is run by local mafia, corrupt police and criminals. The beaches are filthy and the place is not even really cheap anymore.

WMDS, Cwbguy and funny faces like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    Because that guy is dead?
    I thought it was part of the sport! Like the parachute takes you high then drops you to the deep water

Very confused on how he could have come of that as he is clipped into the main line by hooks on each side, he would have had to unclip both at the same time to fall off unless im missing something. RIP poor fella.

Australian tourist dies parasailing in Phuket in Thailand  | Daily Mail Online

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Very confused on how he could have come of that as he is clipped into the main line by hooks on each side, he would have had to unclip both at the same time to fall off unless im missing something. RIP poor fella.

Australian tourist dies parasailing in Phuket in Thailand  | Daily Mail Online
    Never tried this before but the report does say "They reportedly told police Mr Hussey accidentally pulled on a hook which led to him unstrapping his harness, causing him to fall to the sea below." Perhaps there was some emergency release for the harness.

I watched the video three times trying to figure out how the guy in the yellow shirt is strapped into the parasail system. He's not wearing a harness as far as I can see, it just looks like he holds on with his hands and then flips himself up onto some cables shortly after taking off. Which seems insanely dangerous.

Can anyone with parasailing experience figure out what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I watched the video three times trying to figure out how the guy in the yellow shirt is strapped into the parasail system. He's not wearing a harness as far as I can see, it just looks like he holds on with his hands and then flips himself up onto some cables shortly after taking off. Which seems insanely dangerous.

Can anyone with parasailing experience figure out what's going on?
    I was wondering the same thing!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast